Technical Panda 100hp bootlid removal

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 100hp bootlid removal

elbandito94

Hi guys,

New on here, I've got a HP and replacing the bootlid but the loom has been cut, can anyone give me info on how to change the looms over,

thanks.

There’s no join in the loom. That why it been cut

I changed a standard hatch over

I disconnect everything and pull all of the cables out of the original hatch

Then tapped them to the cut wires and pulled into place in the new hatch

One was a struggle as there’s a 90 degree bend

Do the biggest connectors first

Better in my opinion than cutting, joining and heat shrink

It’s time consuming but not difficult,

Last edited:
There’s no join in the loom

I changed a standard hatch over

I disconnect everything and pull all of the cables out of the original hatch

Then tapped them to the cut wires and pulled into place in the new hatch

One was a struggle as there’s a 90 degree bend

Do the biggest connectors first

Better in my opinion than cutting, joining and heat shrink

Thanks a lot for the info, ive disconnected it all & pulled the loom a couple of inches but its stuck and wont come any further, shall I keep trying? Been thinking of removing the glass if that would help,

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for the info, ive disconnected it all & pulled the loom a couple of inches but its stuck and wont come any further, shall I keep trying? Been thinking of removing the glass if that would help,

Thanks.
Don’t think it helps as the hatch I was doing had no glass in it

It’s been a few years since I did mine. I taped the connector up so they slide easier and tied some string so if they got suck I could pull them back

Your not worried about the old hatch so you could cut some of the inner skin off, I didn’t need to

Don’t think it helps as the hatch I was doing had no glass in it

It’s been a few years since I did mine. I taped the connector up so they slide easier and tied some string so if they got suck I could pull them back

Your not worried about the old hatch so you could cut some of the inner skin off, I didn’t need to

Ok bud thanks a lot for the info, ill keep trying with pulling the loom out,

Cheers.

Ok bud thanks a lot for the info, ill keep trying with pulling the loom out,

Cheers.
Don't just pull, you could pull the connector off, or create a poor connection inside it. Wriggle and jiggle, preferably one wire at a time. Push them all back in, attach string to each, so that you can work it back and forth to get past corners and obstructions. Once out, the string can help insert the new one, otherwise you'll shove one in, and 'lose' it.

Back