I was frustrated that the release handle didn't work - yes it would operate off the remote or by using the key, so I knew it was the handle / microswitch that was the issue. Having read other posts on the forum I felt these were not quite hitting the issue on the head, so attached shows what I did. I have not repeated how to remove the trim & housing as this is already covered elsewhere.
Tools I used, apart from determination, care & patience were:-
1.5mm drill bit & suitable powered drill.
Sharp craft knife
flat bladed screwdriver
fine pin punch
needle nose pliers
suitable packing to support the housing and prevent marking of the paint