General Pand a mini meet this sunday at Keele services

Currently reading:
General Pand a mini meet this sunday at Keele services

Sprox

1 Key operation!
Well, I'm meeting Fuzzy on Sunday afternoon at Keele services if anyone fancies a coffee and is in Panda range!
pm me your mobile and I'll send you estimated time of meet!:)

Hi Panda people, any photos from today?:)

I was pleased to spot an unknown white G reg Panda 1000 driving past me (I was walking) at my local shops yesterday. Looked a tidy motor, even had a tow bar.:slayer:

Went for a quick run around East Ipswich today (after a wipe down and some back 2 black!) on a bit of Panda hunt but could not find any fellow Panda owners...(n)

Hope you had a good weekend all

MARTIN

The meet was very mini, being just myself and Graham, but it was great all the same (as these occasions tend to be!).

I texted Graham the night before asking him to give me plenty of advance warning of his arrival as I was going for a very very big night out. It worked a treat and after the 2nd text I dragged myself out of bed, opened the curtains and there before me was one stunner of a day.

100_6264.JPG

I put the alloys from their snug place in my room into my trusty, filthy Panda, jumped in and got another text from Graham saying he'd arrived. So off I went to Keele services and as soon as I joined the slip road I could make out a pale blue silhouette in the distance.

100_6645.JPG

After a quick chat out came the wheel brace and off came the steel wheels which I am going to refurbish and make funky. I've still not decided on a colour, but white is looking very likely indeed. I decided to get a couple of quick photos pre-alloys as the difference they can make can be huge. They work really well with the silvery blue tone of "Blue", the 37k Panda whose days are numbered.

100_6648.JPG

100_6647.JPG

Before today I'd never driven a non-injection Panda so I was very pleased when Graham offered me a drive. It was also the first Panda with choke, too, but the engine popped into life, eager to munch up air and fuel. The route was about as pre-determined as when a Rhino sneezes, going up the M6 a junction, down a random road (motorways are so, so boring, or so I thought before tonight (more later)) then back again. We got off at the services then had a lot more fun down some nice lanes. The carb engine certainly feels stronger and I'm pretty sure I was using less of the loud pedal most of the time to do the same speeds. When opened up it sounds really nice, too, and less harsh than the SPI at the top end of the revs. Lower in the rev range though I prefer the slightly harder tone of the SPI.

Before:

100_6644.JPG

After:

100_6651.JPG

After being pretty silly for a while we blasted back to the services to continue on our journeys. I was nipping to Northwich (proper home) for a good ol' Sunday roast, Graham was hooning up to Newcastle, the poor soul.

100_6653.JPG

Driving home, it hit me how good this weekend has been. The greatness of Saturday night, when I went to see Pendulum play at my Student Union was the peak of the weekend but Sunday being really good kept my enthusiasm ticking along nicely.

100_6657.JPG

Things weren't so fun driving back to my place at uni when I met the thickest fog I have ever seen. Even thicker than pre-Christmas, which was really thick. The fog lamps were useless and just scattered light all over the place but they were much more useful in the lighter patches just to pick out the lanes of the M6.

All in all one hell of a good weekend, and a great warm-up for Gainsborough.

Bonus pics:

Pick of the bunch is this one by miles

100_6655.JPG

This one's quite nice too

100_6661.JPG

Awww... save blue!:cry:

Jim

Just how gorgeous is that car! I love that colour and the wheels set it off a treat. I hope Alex who was on here last week wanting to mod his Panda takes note...that is all you need to do for a sporty look. Very nice.(y)

Graham, can nothing be done? Sun roof too...:cry:

Fuzzy, you are so arty! Lovely photos (as ever).

I must get to a Panda meet this year.

MARTIN

Fabulous Report FUzzy!!!

The cars weren't even cleaned!!!!!!!

Can we save Blue?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............(n)
How much money does anyone have?

Cinq alloys are sometimes the norm on pandas nice to see a bit of variation with tempra alloys

Cinq alloys are sometimes the norm on pandas nice to see a bit of variation with tempra alloys

those are Cinq alloys also... the tempra wheels are 14 inch.
Interesting to see how the wheels poke out of sides with them being Offset 30.
Looks like you get tons of room with the 155/65/13's on them...

WOW :D Sam those pics are lovely , i'm sooooo envious graham got to see EAT, i love your car !!!
sorry it took us so long to get the wheels .at least now both 'red' and 'pink floyd' will have the same funky alloys (y) :p
Damn shame they look so good on blue -'cause we love this car , graham said you enjoyed him as well .i gather there were a few rusty crunch sounds when he was jacked up (n) :cry: his MOT only has another couple of weeks then thats it i suppose .
Dont get excited about the twin sun roof - the arms have rusted away , bits fall on your head !
g X:)

awww! missed this post! would have loved to come for a nosy. shame such a poor turnout. Both Pandas look lurvly (as always) in the pics (y)

Gina I was shown the inner workings of the roof. Not pretty! Was great to drive though, sure the low mileage played its part.

And Emm! Sorry forgot to see if you were up for a meet, was going to give you an update as to where your wheels had got to but you beat me to it. :p

Looking forward to seeing the alloys on their final destination with the all important new rubber. :)

Back