Panasonic TZ8 or TZ10

Currently reading:
Panasonic TZ8 or TZ10

Hi folks,

I'm considering buying the GLW a new camera which I think would be either a Panasonic TZ8 or TZ10. Comparing the two there only seems to be Geotaging, HD video and +£70 on the TZ10 seems to be the difference.

I just wondered if anyone has one of these that could comment on how easy they are to use and any problems encountered? Either that, I'm looking to buy her a compact in the sub £300 price band.

Thanks,

Rich

This must be a bit of a record, the first reply to a post.....after 8 months. Mind you, I might be a bit late as you could have bought one/emigrated/died (delete where applicable) by now. But, I've had the Lumix TZ18 which, as you've probably guessed, has a 18 times zoom which is equivalent in old SLR sizes to 500mm. It's not actually a compact but more of a Bridge camera, or a scaled down DSLR. The difference being that there are no interchangeable lenses.

Performance is pretty damned good as far as I'm concerned and it gives me far more than a compact, and, it's not much bigger although it images do get a little indistinct when you start using the outer extremities of the lens . I bought it around 18 months ago and it cost about £250.

Thoroughly recommended.....that is if you haven't bought one/emigrated or died since you posted this.

I just bought an FZ38 for £220 yesterday....

panasonic_lumix_dmc_fz38_review-275x215.jpg

(y)

This must be a bit of a record, the first reply to a post.....after 8 months. Mind you, I might be a bit late as you could have bought one/emigrated/died (delete where applicable) by now.

Am still lurking about here, thanks for posting up. We had an old Kodak bridge style one, but the wife wanted one she could fit in her purse/handbag.

I just bought an FZ38 for £220 yesterday.... (y)

My sister and my boss both have this camera, gives excellent images, this would have been the bridge camera we'd have gone for if that's what we were buying.

We went for the TZ10 in the end, gives excellent detail but tbh we haven't used half the functions on it. Hopefully learn and use more in by the summer.

Back