Technical Palio 1.1 2008 model - wobbling at low speed

Currently reading:
Technical Palio 1.1 2008 model - wobbling at low speed

chakraborty

Hi,

We recently purchased a 2nd hand Palio 1.1 2008 model. Initially, it seemed to be working fine. But, pretty soon, it developed a wobbling problem, with vibrations in the steering as well. The service engineer suspected the wheels and moved the rear wheels to the front. With that, the wobbling reduced considerably and the steering vibrations also vanished. But, after some time, we are again sensing the wobble, although, not as high as it was earlier, and no steering vibrations. The service engineer is suspecting the wheels. The tyres don't show much visible wear and tear. But, before I purchase new tyres, i want to get a valued opinion from the experienced palio folks.

Thanks a lot!

get the wheels / alloys balanced with weights when you buy new tyres / now. get the alignment done if you notice any abnormal wear.

Peter - it is a 1.1, so it is a Palio Stile` 1.1 and in India they did not come with alloys in the two trims SLE and SLX. Only the Palio 1.6 Stile Sports came with alloys.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. With your input, I changed all the tyres and got the weights balanced. The problem has vanished since then.

Back