Paintwork problem

Currently reading:
Paintwork problem

Murphys Maw

Well, my GP is booked in to have the faulty paintwork repaired on 12th Sept. Does anyone know what the proceadure might be. The fault is paintwork that has gone like mosaic around the passenger window/door. GP isn't even 12 months old yet?

The dealer says the car will go in the morning and i will have it back the same night. Does it go in a dryer? will they take the door off?

Any info would be great

Cheers
MM x

Sounds like it had an earlier repair which may have re-acted. Yes it can be completed in a single day either drying with ir heaters or in an "oven".

Oh no, don't say that. I dont even want to think about it being sprayed before. Won't they just lie and say no if i ask them. i have actually emailed fiat because i dont trust the dealership.

How could i get the truth from them and what can i do if it has been sprayed before, i bought what i understood to be a brand new car.

MMx

you'd be surprised at how many "brand new cars" have had work before being retailed, i replaced the first ever door on a new alfa spider (parts man said first door ordered from britain) but received fiat van door! first time, ha ha, after the valeter smashed it showing off, and i repaired the side and new door and they never told the owner who's private plate RASHID or something, (his plates were in the boot waiting to be fitted) but all new cars are checked for flaws, paint condition etc, and he will lie, they are pro's at that because they havn't usualy got a clue! tell him you will be getting it checked from a pro, and you'l have no prob, you'l get a special tick on the job card, good luck Ant!

Yeah many cars have had repairs done either in the factory or in the dealers. As far as I understand smart repairs are often done in the factory and cars get damaged in transit so dealers need to get them sorted out prior to handover to the customer, all part of the PDI. As for brand new, that only really applies at the moment it rolls off the line, cars can hang around of weeks or months in storage areas before being sold as brand new to customers.

Back