General Paint cracking on B-pillars

Currently reading:
General Paint cracking on B-pillars

You may of read this on my ECU thread, but I thought I start a new thread for it

my paint has cracked on the b-pillars, both sides:mad:

would it just be the paint that has cracked or the actual pillar, is there anyway of telling

a lot of lowered corsas suffer from the same problem they blame there suspension for doing it, im just wondering if mine is to blame too

has anyone else suffered the same problem since they lowered there car

EDIT - im worried that it could be MOT failure as it is an important part of the car:eek:

Last edited:
this is a pic of a crack on a b-pillar on a corsa

0010_0063.jpg

mine is exactly the same on both sides

I think it may be due to a stress-raiser caused by the door locks...or the way yu shut the door, cos none of the Sei's or Cinq's ive seen are affected by it

damn, i must learn not to slam my door :eek:

is there an easy way to find out if the paint has just cracked or the actual b-pillar is cracked:confused:

its going into bodyshop soon to get some work done, so it could be fixed when it goes in, im assuming a quick weld and i will be alright

EDIT - just a thought, I have speakers in my rear quart, that wouldnt do any damage to it, I do have them on very loud, but i but roofers felt inside it to try and stop the flex

Last edited:
i was running on dodgy suspension for about a month

i mean dodgy as springs weren't seated right so was catching against bodywork and I was running on the bumpstops on the back too

another possible reason it could of cracked:confused:

Back