General Paint codes - 2008 Cross matt grey roof panel

Currently reading:
General Paint codes - 2008 Cross matt grey roof panel

Hi all, does anyone know if there is a paint code for the matt grey trims on a Panda Cross? The one on the roof of ours looks a bit sad and i was hoping to freshen it up.

Attachments

• D2CAF7BD-88D9-43CD-A3E5-5D75D427C524.jpeg
    D2CAF7BD-88D9-43CD-A3E5-5D75D427C524.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 91
As far as I know the grey all the way through and not painted

The white should t-cut off, but I don’t have the cross so can’t test for myself so don’t quote me

You can buy generic grey plastic paint. How close they are I don’t know

Part numbers are here I hope

As far as I know the grey all the way through and not painted

The white should t-cut off, but I don’t have the cross so can’t test for myself so don’t quote me

You can buy generic grey plastic paint. How close they are I don’t know

Part numbers are here I hope

Thanks Koalar, there’s a bit of the leading edge chipped on mine and its not grey, but almost the same as the door trims. I found these:

Colour Code VV601B GRIGIO GHISA MATT MET. (PARAURTI) for FIAT ITALIA PANDA CROSS

And

Colour Code VV687A GRIGIO FERROMICACEO MATT MET. (PARAURTI) for FIAT ITALIA PANDA CROSS

And

Colour Code VV612 GRIGIO ALCEA MATT MET. (P.URTI) for FIAT ITALIA PANDA CROSS

Google translate tell me that Paraurti is basically “bumper”, Ghisa is “Cast iron” and Alcea is “anthracite” so as there is silver and grey on the Cross front end I’m guessing one of them is likely to be the one im after for the panel. I couldn’t find a translation for the other one 🤦🏼‍♂️

Every part painted has the colour code on them

If you look at the bottom edge of the any door with a mirror you will see a label with its paint code

I don’t believe the trim is painted. It just deteriorated under the suns UV.
Chips will deteriorate quicker as the UV blocker will have been lost from the surface

Painting plastic isn’t straight forward

Cleaned
Roughed up
Remove dust
Special primer
Painted
Sealed from UV

Of course I could be way off the mark

Every part painted has the colour code on them

If you look at the bottom edge of the any door with a mirror you will see a label with its paint code

I don’t believe the trim is painted. It just deteriorated under the suns UV.
Chips will deteriorate quicker as the UV blocker will have been lost from the surface

Painting plastic isn’t straight forward

Cleaned
Roughed up
Remove dust
Special primer
Painted
Sealed from UV

Of course I could be way off the mark
I’m sure you are more on the mark than I am 👍🏻
I’m new to this from a Fiat perspective but had an Octavia Scout in the family for a while and it had similar body protection panels that turned out to be painted, so I sort of (probably wrongly) assumed it would be similar. It took me ages to find the paint code for them, but I was then able to disguise some of the worst areas. This is what the “missing areas” look like
1662498641001.jpeg

Dam that’s not going to polish out

Can only see one for sale @ £150 silly money for what it is

Bumpers are different as they are colour coded

Worth putting in the effort of doing it yourself

Dam that’s not going to polish out

Can only see one for sale @ £150 silly money for what it is

Bumpers are different as they are colour coded

Worth putting in the effort of doing it yourself

Yeah, no amount of T-Cut will fix mine :ROFLMAO:

I have some light grey plastic high build primer left from another project so when the weather allows I’m going to try and seal the yellow bits with an air brush. Normally I’d start darker and then blow in the light colours, but this may need to be the reverse so as to match the weathering. I know it wont be perfect, but if it reduces the impact and doesn’t draw your eye to it, it’ll be fine through winter. I did look at taking the panel off, but as it’s bolted and bonded i didn't want to do any damage to the roof or risk cracking the panel. So tricky in-situ repair it’s going to have to be🤦‍♂️

I think you did well finding one for that price; i think my search suggested the rear panel is about £150 and the centre one about £390 so replacement is definitely not an option!

Thanks again, Koalar, if i dont make a mess of it, I’ll update the thread with progress 😬

Back