Paid deposit on new car saturday

Currently reading:
Paid deposit on new car saturday

Well after my fun with my MR2's (notably first breaking down 10 days after purchase and third breaking down on way home from buying it) have decided it is time to move on...

From a MR2 Turbo not really a huge amount of cars which would really be seen as progression (well on performance terms at least - i know there are different cars out there better for other things)

So the search began, and on saturday I travelled to London and decided to put down a deposit on this little beastie :)

Lots of mods but at the same time still relatively standard really...

Speclist roughly;
Tein HR Coilovers
Kakimoto exhaust
Apexi induction
HKS Hard pipes
Torque Dampener (basically a hydraulic strut to minimise movement of engine)
Feed carbon front wing ducts
Defi gauges
Apexi ECU and hand controller
R Magic front splitter
'99 spec rear lights

And probably a load more i cant think of right now :)

0624154626gt6.jpg

0624154703fl6.jpg

Last edited:
That is amazing! Hope you enjoy that stunna! (y)

Prefer the Mazda Rx-7 to the Mits FTO....

Cheers buddy :D didnt really consider the FTO was a bit slow for the range i was looking at, other cars i considered mainly were s14a 200sx, skyline gtst, evo4 and then supra's etc :)

3 spoke wheels are making a comeback :)

Not normally a huge fan of 3 spokes, think with the advans having a gap in each spoke helps alot :) iirc they're 17x8 front and 17x9 rear too :yum:

wow, looks great! hope you enjoy driving that, i know i would lol

I certainly will :) my only worry is losing my fillings with the harshness of coilovers heh, they wernt a huge problem on the whole but if you get a bad bit of road it was rather unpleasant to say the least :eek:

Cheers buddy :D didnt really consider the FTO was a bit slow for the range i was looking at, other cars i considered mainly were s14a 200sx, skyline gtst, evo4 and then supra's etc :)

There is a guy who owns an FTO across the street from me in horrid bergundy red and automatic, complete bucket if you ask me, the supra's look funny and the Skyline n Evo are pure sex! :yum:

Nice looking car (y)

hope you are going to look after your tips :eek: if not you will be in world of pain

very regular oil changes with top quality oil

I'd probably soften up the ride a bit too, in std form they were a hoot to drive last thing you want is it to be skitish when you are pulling very high revs as it won't be very forgiving

very nice, my freind had one and it was stupidly quick (y) Though it drank oil like a bitch! Think it was about 8 litre every few thousand miles! Cost him a fortune and eventually the engine went bang - something to do with excess heat from the manifold warping the turbo :confused:

But goodluck, hope you enjoy her :D

There is a guy who owns an FTO across the street from me in horrid bergundy red and automatic, complete bucket if you ask me, the supra's look funny and the Skyline n Evo are pure sex! :yum:

lol Supra TT too expensive to get one in manual, Skyline i couldnt afford the GTR and the GTST just didnt have same appeal, the Evo i could afford but couldnt insure (im past the age where £2k is worth spending on insurance heh) so went to the RX7 :D

Nice looking car (y)

hope you are going to look after your tips :eek: if not you will be in world of pain

very regular oil changes with top quality oil

I'd probably soften up the ride a bit too, in std form they were a hoot to drive last thing you want is it to be skitish when you are pulling very high revs as it won't be very forgiving

Runs well at the moment so hopefully tips got some miles in them yet :eek: :p

Think it doesnt matter so much with oil (as long as you only use mineral not synthetic or semi) tis more the regularity of them really :)

very nice, my freind had one and it was stupidly quick (y) Though it drank oil like a bitch! Think it was about 8 litre every few thousand miles! Cost him a fortune and eventually the engine went bang - something to do with excess heat from the manifold warping the turbo :confused:

But goodluck, hope you enjoy her :D

Yeah they're well known for sipping at the oil whilst guzzling petrol heh, think im going to pick up a barrel of oil from the cash and carry next time the mother heads in that direction (surprisingly i dont think i'll use the RX7 for epic cash and carry trips)

They're very knife edge on their coolant system too, kind of like having another turbo cinq lol but i'm planning on looking after it in the hope it will me heh

BOOOSSSSST BANNNNGGGGGGG!

Ok i'll stop now :D

You know what I think.. just change them there 1990's for probe wheels ;)

Prft, i'll at least get the second turbo on song before the bang lol

Wheels are a maybe we'll see lol :D

knew you would end up with a rex alex :p

Lies! :slayer:

Just come off the phone to elephant quote from 3 weeks ago for £600-650 or so had expired and new one was £950 :eek: but after a quick convo looking at £800 fully comp all mods declared :D

Be very very careful dude :eek:

Nah in all seriousness dude, look after it and it will you :D

'tis indeed a damn sexy piece of machinery my friend :yum:

Guess I'll be driving you to London to pick it up at the weekend then :p

I have a soft spot for RX7's, stems from a friend buying on back in 1999/2000, it was one of the last ever official UK models, a 1994 (I think) twin-turbo and only one in silver from that last six, was a stunning car. He spent 12 months investigating and eventually tracking it down. IIRC 40k, 1 owner from new, FMSH (including an engine rebuild) paid 11K for it which considering it was about 50K new only 6 years before, frightening depreciation.

It was 100% standard, & I have to be honest there are lots of chavved up RX7's out there which I think has tarnished them some what, with horrible body add ons and those wheels are frankly fecking awful on the one you are buying. Its a shame as dilutes what I think is one of the prettiest cars ever, not just from Japan, but anywhere.

Anyway, Kay's car ran like a dream, was super smooth, you had to check the dials to ensure the car was actually on, but not really that quick to be fair, or maybe should rephrase, never really felt that quick, probably down to just how ubber smooth the thing was.

He was having an impromptu blast against my other friend Tommy in his (bought new) UK integra Type R on a dual carriageway in East End of Glasgow, in trying to keep up with Tommy back end stepped out on a long bend got a tank slapper going and ended up backwards down a small embankment. All rear end, off-side rear quarter, door and two alloys were all bent, it looked very sorry for itself.

We all thought that was that it must be written off, and after only having it 3 months. But the insurance company agreed to repair it at Scotland's only RX7 approved repair centre over at a Mazda dealer in Edinburgh.

All in the insurance company paid out 9K to fix the car, all those hand made alloy panels from Japan were expensive, and the 3 months of use of a Mazda Demio (what fun we had in that car) total bill came in at about 11K, pretty much what he paid, still can't to this day believe they agreed to fix it.

He got it back, drove about in it for a bit, got fed up of 13mpg he was getting, and sold it for not much less than he bought it for and bought a Merc instead.

I have Tein coil-overs on my GT4 and TBH they get on my tits, they are brilliant when pressing on, if and its a big if you have smooth roads, otherwise a car on standard, or mildly uprated dampers and springs would be much better which is what I am going to do soon. Though TBH i think there spring rates are far to hard for UK roads, on GT4 its like 460lb ft on the front, the lowering springs for use with standard dampers are only 260lb ft, big differance. Oh and Tein's have alloy springs seats/locks which corrode over time and fall apart, this can lead to the car dropping on that corner if completely fall apart, I replaced all of mine on my car as I could make them crumble apart in my hand, and this was on a freshly imported car not yet subjected to the salt on UK roads. Tein UK are based in Milton Keynes and are very quick to reply to your questions, though you can't buy direct have to go through one of there resellers which they will provide if asking, some are better than others.

I have gone on a bit, but enjoy it, they are great cars, but please get rid of those wheels :D

Back