Technical P1112, could it be fuel filter housing?

Currently reading:
Technical P1112, could it be fuel filter housing?

gdm75

Still trying to sort this out. Have found a post about a c5 with the same issues ad mine, which turned out to be a metal strip in the filter housing. Would my 04 non DPF have this?

The filters are about £80 on eBay, maybe best to check if any wires plug into it and check for a bad connection first,

I've just seen your posts about pollution fault codes,etc. Before looking at the HP side of your car's injection system my advice would be to check the LP components first. These comprise the LP pump in the fuel tank and the fuel filter. If either of these is restricticting fuel flow to the HP pump, the sorts of fault codes you have been getting will occur, particularly when the engine is under load (e.g. going up a long hill). First, you should replace your fuel filter element (not very expensive) if this has not been done recently. The next item to check is the supply voltage going to the LP pump from the Fuse-Relay unit, which is located in a plastic box above the O/S wheel arch in the engine compartment. If this voltage is low, or intermittent, it could give rise to the type of problem you are experiencing. The Fuse-Relay box on Eurovan2 cars often suffers from water ingress/corrosion because of leaks/drips coming from the plastic scuttle between the windscreen and the bonnet. It might be worth your while to remove and inspect it, if only to eliminate it as the cause of your problems.

Good luck!

N.B. Check the fuse relay box on the off-side wing near the washer fluid reservoir. Fuse F2 is the one supplying 12V to the fuel pump. Also, pin 11 of the (grey) connector D (PP2) is the 12V feed to the fuel pump.

Last edited:
Hello again, now the car is going for 100yds, management light comes up, another 100yds and it cuts out (going up a slight incline).

I have had the fuse box out cleaned the connectors and back in but no difference.
Stil fault p1112.

Any ideas please as to what is causing it as I am just about to shoot the car!!

I found these two replies on another forum regarding a fault similar to yours:

1. Check connetions at rail sensor, remove the pressure regulator from rear of pump and inspect for any swarf on tip of pin. clean the regulator sensor clear codes and see how it goes. Other than that, possible fault with rail sensor, had one few weeks ago with same fault . Won't rev up when this code flags up, goes into limp mode

These systems are super-sensitive to a fuel pressure that varies from the expected values. I'd expect a steady 298 bar at idle.

The exact definition for P1112 on that system is:
EDC15C2 - Diesel high pressure monitoring function. Pressure lower than the minimum pressure.

Checking the injector smooth running correction figures and the injector leak-off rate may show an injector fault - but do the previously-suggested checks first.
Also check that it is clean diesel in the tank. [You'd be amazed at what some people think you can run these on....]

Hope these suggestions help. To see the required and actual fuel pressures you will need to connect your diagnostic socket to a Lexia or Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic system.

Back