Technical P0657-16 error 2010 1.3 mjtd qubo

Currently reading:
Technical P0657-16 error 2010 1.3 mjtd qubo

aquaduck

I purchased a 2010 1.3 mjtd earlier this year as a non runner. Plugged in and it came up with the p0657-16 open circuit a fault.
Traced things through and discovered the fuel pump relay in the engine bay fusebox had popped. I replaced it and everything fired up perfectly and drove well.
I parked it up for a couple of weeks and put some diesel in it.
Now it won't start at all. There is no power to the fuel pump.
I've tried another ecu set from my other qubo and it works fine on the other vehicle. All relays seem to be ok.
There hasn't been a live feed from the ecu to the fuel pump relay. Using multiscan the code p0657-16 comes up. When it's cleared the fuel pump in the tank primes but it won't start.
The fault code comes back after a few tries at starting.
What sensors are in "circuit a" that might be faulty?
Has anybody else had this problem and managed to fix it?

I purchased a 2010 1.3 mjtd earlier this year as a non runner. Plugged in and it came up with the p0657-16 open circuit a fault.
Traced things through and discovered the fuel pump relay in the engine bay fusebox had popped. I replaced it and everything fired up perfectly and drove well.
I parked it up for a couple of weeks and put some diesel in it.
Now it won't start at all. There is no power to the fuel pump.
I've tried another ecu set from my other qubo and it works fine on the other vehicle. All relays seem to be ok.
There hasn't been a live feed from the ecu to the fuel pump relay. Using multiscan the code p0657-16 comes up. When it's cleared the fuel pump in the tank primes but it won't start.
The fault code comes back after a few tries at starting.
What sensors are in "circuit a" that might be faulty?
Has anybody else had this problem and managed to fix it?
hi, did you ever get this problem sorted?

hi, did you ever get this problem sorted?
What problem do you have?
I had a daughters 1.3 Grande Punto Multijet 06 that came with no power to starter or fuel pump relay, it was a long story but the cause was the trigger wire from the ECU to the fusebox relay had rotted through inside it's plastic sheathing about 1cm from the ECU on o/s inner wing.

What problem do you have?
I had a daughters 1.3 Grande Punto Multijet 06 that came with no power to starter or fuel pump relay, it was a long story but the cause was the trigger wire from the ECU to the fusebox relay had rotted through inside it's plastic sheathing about 1cm from the ECU on o/s inner wing.
Many thanks for that, that's exactly what I'm hunting for, just to know I'm in the right direction! Completely different vehicle but very similar fault I've checked some wiring but will continue checking the rest!
Many thanks

Many thanks for that, that's exactly what I'm hunting for, just to know I'm in the right direction! Completely different vehicle but very similar fault I've checked some wiring but will continue checking the rest!
Many thanks
Further to that issue, with the fuel pump relay out it was possible to test for live battery feed at relay socket and by using a fusible connection bridge then actuate the fuel pump and starter circuits, however the trigger side had a slightly odd operation, in so much as it appeared that from ignition off to ignition on the voltages reversed at the trigger circuits as in + became -. However once that was understood I was able to trace the wire all the way back across the bulkhead and to the ECU on the O/S inner wing, where on pulling at the wire I found the fault.
The long story short bit was that I bought the car as a non runner, but the previous owners "mechanics" had towed it around in an effort to start it so violently they had caused the cam chain to slip on the freewheeling crankshaft pulley causing much more damage which had to be repaired also.

Back