Technical OZ Record wheels

Currently reading:
Technical OZ Record wheels

ross_sei said:
Try PMing Alroy - he put 15s on his sei and is very helpful. Actually qualified to talk on the subject as he has put them on his car!!

AppleSei said:
Best having a look in the gallery for seis with 15'' and PM the members or see if any reply to this thread :)

:rolleyes:

Okay let's put this another way why doesn't this rim fit on a Punto (or Sei)?

Name: O.Z. Racing Record
ET: ET37
PCD: 4x100
Colour: Race Silver
Diameter: 15
Width: 6.5

Have you posted in the punto section as well?? perhaps they might know more than us?

If you got to this page

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Enter the new stats against the standard rims and it will tell you what your dealing with, the reason you have been blanked by various dealers is that the Centos have a weird and uncommon offset and they only usually recommend 35ET if any.

The wheels will fit but you will have problems with the rim poking out from the arch once the correct spacers are in place.

Proper tyres to minimise rubbing will also be expensive, I understand your doing this for slicks?

Liam

AppleSei said:
No one said they didnt fit, just said that work may be required to fit them, please read posts accurately before posting

did read all posts ACCURATELY - just trying to give the guy some encouragement, rather than negative all teh time, which seems to happen when 15s and centos are spoken of in the same sentence :bang:

custard, not anymore, gonna settle with 14s, finally found a nice set. only reasons i was going for 15s was there was more selection
but i found a gorgeous set - pics in august when i get them :yum:

bloomfieldliam said:
The wheels will fit but you will have problems with the rim poking out from the arch once the correct spacers are in place.

Proper tyres to minimise rubbing will also be expensive, I understand your doing this for slicks?
I think I can sort out the arch problem relatively easily, however it looks like it could end up on the expensive side of life.

No I've settled for 13" rims for track day tyres, this is for the road.

I know there is the 15" haters and lovers on here but IMHO 15" would just ruin what the car is all about essentially, chuck about good handling, think about it, slower acceleration, reduced suspension travel, tramlinning due to wide tyres, expensive tyre bills, more chance or killing tyres/alloys on bumps cos of the low side profile.

So it's fair to say from my POV 15"s would be the worst thing you could do to to Cinq, I can even feel the difference going to 14's, if it wasn't for the GT Brakes I would be back to 13's like a flash.

Liam

Finally found out why OZ Record rims don't fit on the Sei, the bore is to small...

Liam, what have you gone from to?..

ross_sei said:
gonna settle with 14s, finally found a nice set. only reasons i was going for 15s was there was more selection
but i found a gorgeous set - pics in august when i get them :yum:

In the long run, i reckon youll believe this to be a wise move :)

Any tasters ;) at least a name would do :D

Apple, managed to speak to a guy who isn't a shop monkey and deals with modifying cars, he told me that they only just fitted on VWs (~57mm bore)...

Custard, yeah the guy suggested that too ;) now just gotta decide if I want to go 15" with the Records or 14" with something else...

Edit: what do you guys think to 14x5.5" Black Compomotive MO rims on a Seat golden orange Sei?

Last edited:
StoneNewt said:
Edit: what do you guys think to 14x5.5" Black Compomotive MO rims on a Seat golden orange Sei?

I think a colour rethink is in order :p :D

Seriously that will look the dogs

I went from a standard Cinq Sporting rim to Sei Abarth rim albeit with the wrong profile of tyre but still not that keen on them.

It's kinda like when old mini enthusiasts will tell you they don't like big wheels on them, see Chaos he knows about them.

Liam

Back