Technical OZ Record wheels

Currently reading:
Technical OZ Record wheels

StoneNewt

Scandinavian Passion....
Does anyone know why OZ Record wheels won't fit on a Sei' or Punto? I've found some information on them telling me that there's a 4 stud variant with PCD 100 & ET40 which isn't perfect which but would only require wobbly bolts & a spacer if my understanding of offsets & PCD is correct. The weird thing is however 2 companies told me is was 'impossible' to fit OZ Records to the Sei' without major modifications to the car. Is there something else stopping me using these wheels?

15" to 18" as I understand it, but that doesn't quite explain it as I fit various other 15" rims without issue...

Update these specs were found on a Czech site:
-----
ET: ET37
PCD: 4x100
Provedení: Race stříbrná
Průměr: 15
Šířka: 6,5
-----
ET: ET43
PCD: 4x100
Provedení: Race stříbrná
Průměr: 15
Šířka: 6,5

Last edited:
I would have thought they would fit, however 6.5 x 15 seems wide, and it may illegally stick too far out of the arches without modifications to the arches

Without seeing a picture of these particular wheels on a sei, we cant really say for definate why.

5.5, 6 at a push maybe.

Best having a look in the gallery for seis with 15'' and PM the members or see if any reply to this thread :)

I think here you're talking of a fair wadge: rolling the arches you can do yourself, extending them on a Sei would probably mean making them something like an Integrale. On the front you could get away with glass or carbon wings (DIY able), on the rear it's a cutting and welding job with some genuine panel work involved.

Mind you, a Sei with Integrale type wings would look awesomely brutal!:idea:

StoneNewt said:
you mean having to flair the arch more and possibly other modifications?
yes if you were doing a 6.5j wheel then you would need the arches flared or have wing extensions added and mounled to the bodywork(from another car) to cover the rim.
a 6j wheel may fit under the arches but theres a thread up just now showing the rear suspension arms having been shaved and welded to acomodate the wheels

custard boy said:
yes if you were doing a 6.5j wheel then you would need the arches flared or have wing extensions added and mounled to the bodywork(from another car) to cover the rim.
a 6j wheel may fit under the arches but theres a thread up just now showing the rear suspension arms having been shaved and welded to acomodate the wheels

the thread up is by OZ and these are for 7 INCH wide wheels, not 6.

i went up to a couple of companies too, and they gave me the same spiel about 15s not fitting at all.

Went to another guy and he is willing to fit OZ 15x6.5 including arch work for £599 with tyres.

15" wheels WILL FIT, even if they are 6.5 inches wide!!

Try PMing Alroy - he put 15s on his sei and is very helpful. Actually qualified to talk on the subject as he has put them on his car!!

but 15x6.5 WILL fit as will 15x7 - but 15x7 will require bit or welding and trimming of the inside back arches.

(y) Ross

Several places including the shop I went to say they're 6.5" wide, OZ doesn't seem to list rim width on their site.

well here is a picture of OZ's car, on 15x7 inch wheels.

Sorry OZ to steal y our pics, just trying to help this guy out, and you obviously havent come across this thread!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0166.JPG
    DSCN0166.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0167.JPG
    DSCN0167.JPG
    935.1 KB · Views: 9
Nice rims, shame they're not OZ Record rims! What I'm trying to work out is why no one lists these rims as compatible with the Sei (& Punto) even though as far as I can tell the rims have the right fitment available. If I want F1 Evo Cup, Hydra, Gemini, Superturismo WRC/GT, Titan or Superleggera Race in 15" I'm fine. So why is Record the only rim that apparently does not fit on my Sei'?

Last edited:
ross_sei said:
15" wheels WILL FIT, even if they are 6.5 inches wide!!

No one said they didnt fit, just said that work may be required to fit them, please read posts accurately before posting

Last edited:
Back