Technical Overheating problem

Currently reading:
Technical Overheating problem

Well my car had its mot last week and it was just an advisory :/ its got a retest tomorrow and it should pass now. Allso i solved my overheating problem it was a blockage in the radiator that was causing the hot water to not get to the tempriture guage but after washing it all out and trying again the tempriture light came on then a fiew mins later the fan kicked in witch is good news :)

Dont think the temperature light should come on before the rad fan runs, you may need to flush the system more.

Do you know how old your water pump is?

That is not the boot floor that is structure think you need to be under auto with hose and brush. It does not matter if the MoT man gives you a pass, the auto needs intact boxes.

I dont have a clue how old my water pump is no

Get a proprietary radiator flush package suitable for your auto and try that. Think the auto should cycle the fan with no warnings. May be lots of crud in the system or the water pump may be old and tired. Try the flush first.

Ok i will thanks for your help i changed the guage and the fan has started to work witch is good because i dont think its ever kicked in since ive had the car. Ill give my radiator a good old rince through tomorrow again

neglecting the auto for 10k miles is not something everyone does.

I replaced my pump and rad when I got it.

change the coolant every 2 years.

Still get a lotta crud out of it.

I know ima look at a new radiator last time i checked they were around £70 and how much is the pump ?

I know ima look at a new radiator last time i checked they were around £70 and how much is the pump ?

ring
eurocarcare
in morning
but the engine needs a rinse out anyway that may be enough my rad had accident damage.
the pumps ate not that dear

How can i sort this out then? How did you sort yours ?

New headgasket, waterpump, thermostat, radiator, changed cambelt at the same time.

It ran fine after that, even when the temp was into the high 40's (Spain).

I bought the pump with the cambelt kit, belt has to come off to change pump anyway....whatever car I've had always changed waterpump with each cambelt change. Probably around £20-30.

After I swapped the engine to a 1.4, I fitted a new rad, pump, all new pipework and good coolant, and even sat in the city centre on a red hot day, it won't get above 90.

Ok sounds good to me im going to get it all sorted tomorrow after my mot and ill let you know how it goes thanks for your help

I think cinq999 has a sporting with OHC and you have a 900cc?
You may have several problems
the coolant system may be contaminated badly e.g. with an anti leak you may need a new rad never use anti leak
the 900 pumps loose efficiency as they get old
you may not have the correct temperature sensors fitted
fingers recommended you did a compression test wet and dry that is important to do note all eight results and post them
try a proprietary rad flush compound that is easy to do
then when you bleed it and run to confirm the fan cycles check that the red light is not dim and slowly gets bright

If you can weld you need to look at some of the rear weld threads you need to think about the cost of maintenance compared with a Sei with less problems note mine is expensive too.

Back