General overheating problem

Currently reading:
General overheating problem

i_love_my_car

Hi, I have a 1994 fiat cinquecento 899cc and i'm having a problem with it overheating, i have replaced the water pump as the water wasnt circulating I believe it now is circulating but its still overheating when i'm going along and in traffic, the thermastat has recently been replaced but the switch on top hasnt and is looking a little rusty do you think I need to replace this? could this be the problem? I'm trying to eliminate all other things as I dont want it to be the head gasket!

Any help appreciated

Michelle

Thank you for replying, the radiator itself doesnt looked blocked but we are going to check all the hoses to make sure that there not.

Many thanks

Michelle

when it does get hot is the rad fan coming on? it should be on by the time the temp goes to about 100

if it doesnt come on, find the fan switch sensor, and in the plug part jam an unfolded paperclip into each of the two connectors, if the rad fan runs then you may have either a fuse out, or the switch itself out. if the paperclip glows red with heat then there is a problem with the fan itself.

Back