Technical Overheating Cinquecento 899

Currently reading:
Technical Overheating Cinquecento 899

bigdru

My wee 899cc cinqs radiator started leaking the other week.
Put a new one in now the cars over heating and using water, no visible leaks and no oil water mixing,
Could this be the head gasket on its way out.
thanks
bigdru

have you bled the system?
might just be air in the system keeping the water from circulating.

there is a small tube coming out behind the right hand side headlight, it has a plastic screw in it...take it out with the engine running until no more air comes out.

the system has been bled took for ever. it is a wee bit lumpy when started from cold now.
thanks

only time the car was driven low on water was when the radiator was squirting water about 5 feet in front of the car
cheers
bigdru

Took head off the gaskets gone.
best bit left head at the side of the car to do school run came back and the head had gone walk abouts, hmmmmmmmmm. know who it was but no proof.

bigdru(n)

Took head off the gaskets gone.

It must have been there when you took the head off at least, even if it's not there now! I'm pretty sure you would have had bigger problems than this running with no gasket at all!

best bit left head at the side of the car to do school run came back and the head had gone walk abouts, hmmmmmmmmm. know who it was but no proof.

So the head has been stolen? :eek: Did you leave it at the side of the road or something?

It must have been there when you took the head off at least, even if it's not there now! I'm pretty sure you would have had bigger problems than this running with no gasket at all!

So the head has been stolen? :eek: Did you leave it at the side of the road or something?
the gasket was blown, dont think the car would have run for 4 years with out it.
Yes the head was stolen, left it beside front wheel in the picture for 5 mins:bang:

Last edited:
Do you send round a heavy?

Noel

whats the point, he is junkie scum and seems to be above the law,

but after saying he was going to stab the life out of me {still waiting}
his day is coming .

bigdru

i'll got a head for the 899 kicking about, but am pretty sure one of the spark plug hold is cross threaded and needs a skim.

Can have that for free if you collect :). Am in glasgow area!

Ming

A skim and a helicoil salvage are not that expensive.
Your play mate must have got something from scrap dealer...

Noel

Just a quick ask really, but does anyone know where to get a replacement for one of those plastic screws? or what would do to replace it? Im having a bit of a nightmare. Cheers.

Plastic screw, as in the bit your unscrew to bleed the system ?

Again am sure i got one kicking about, but am sure fiat will sell them or scrappy as am pretty sure it'll be the same on the punto!

Ming

i'll got a head for the 899 kicking about, but am pretty sure one of the spark plug hold is cross threaded and needs a skim.

Can have that for free if you collect :). Am in glasgow area!

Ming

thanks for offer, got a complete engine for the price of a couple of pints (y),
will put it in when time allows.
work, 6 kids and school holidays dont leave me a lot of time :bang:

bigdru

6 kids and a Cinq, thats ambitious.

Cheers

SPD
reminds me of the old mini joke with elephants:D
have a 7 seater discovery 3.9 v8 for that job, but since my daughter was born two months ago even thats too small now

cheers
bigdru

Back