Technical Overboost (again - sorry) Dealer Move for Free?

Currently reading:
Technical Overboost (again - sorry) Dealer Move for Free?

Noclu3

Fiat = Ticking BOMB!
I am really sorry to start another post about the JTD overbost valve! :eek:

I am sure that mine needs moving - Lots of rain and a red "engine fault" light flashed on for a few second along with a "beep beep" resulting on a slight loss of power. (fixed within a few miles - normal :confused: )

Anyway...
My local dealer is Salmon in colchester. Will they relocate it for me or free?

Also I have noticed a bit more black smoke than usual, are they linked or am I Looking at a new EGR valve?

My FIAT dealer didn't have a clue about relocating the overboost valve. Said that they'd never heard of it!

I am sure that mine needs moving - Lots of rain and a red "engine fault" light flashed on for a few second along with a "beep beep" resulting on a slight loss of power. (fixed within a few miles - normal :confused: ):

Same here, I absolutely will move it this weekend whatever happens. Getting tired of it now. The last time this happened the clowns at the dealers replaced the MAF sensor. To think I am having to take it in again this Friday for a knocking noise fills me with fear.

Guys, Guys, Guys, calm down. The moving of the valve is not an official mod from Fiat at all it is what we "muppets" that you so kindly call us have found for our customers. The mod has been passed from tech to tech at courses and then on to Fiat technical. There is no record of it written down in any Fiat literature, it is unofficial. So its not surprising that some people do not know about it.

the term "muppets" is aimed at mainly the service managers, as they have a job but don't really have the knowledge from my experience.

It's not aimed at the tech's as I've only spoken to one of them before, altough saying that my car did come out once with the overhead light "with the alarm buttons on" and it wasn't put back into place properly (fell off while driving home) and had dirty fingerprints over it.

Picky I know but it doesn't take much to make sure the car is how you found it when it leaves the workshop.

I'll stick with the term muppetts. This is directed at the techs that I have had the misfortune to deal with. I never asked them to relocate my valve. I asked them to replace it when it was under warranty but no they were adamant it was the MAF sensor. Well since then I have lost the turbo on numerous occasions so I will do it myself.

I respect the techs who know what they are talking about and appreciate the help we get on here. So much so I donate to the forum very often. But when I have to explain basics of engineering to the techs I have come accross then my choice of words sticks.

So "NO" is the answer the the original question?

I'm not sure I want to do it myself :(

I remember posting asking everyone to say what job they did but nobody responded:confused:

Well I am an engineer and had my own fabricating and welding business ..but now retired ..what do you do :chin:

Back