General Over heating help please

Currently reading:
General Over heating help please

frankharrison

My son bought a Punto Mk2. After a few days the timing belt slipped off (?) and the head gasket blew.
New head gasket set, valves checked, belt, etc, and everything seemed ok. At least for about 3 months.
Now it over heats. I've changed the therostat as the pies seem "hard" but then the cooling system is under pressure normaly.
The cooling fan shouldn't come on until your idling should it?
Now when your motoring the guage goes half way. Then the thermostat opens and the temp dips a bit. After that the temp rises until the the red light comes on and guggling is heard. I assume thats the heater matrix emptying.
The pipes feel very hot but the radiator seems cool and when the fans working cold.
If you pinch the pipes when cold with the radiator cap off you can see water moving. Could the rad still be blocked?
Or am I not getting air locks out?
No moisture on the oil filler cap.

Sorry it's long winded.
Frank:bang:

No worries Frank... but honestly...?

In the nicest possible way, this HAS to be one of THE MOST COMMON topics on the Forum (other than go-faster gizmo's) A Search with the keyword "overheating" in the Punto section will reveal zillions of Threads & Posts with suggestions & fixes from the Forum Punto clan! (y)

Back