ouuuuuucccchhhhh

Currently reading:
ouuuuuucccchhhhh

hmallett said:
Isn't it Roald Dahl's Boy where he talks about when he had his adenoids out? I remember reading that as a young boy, and that image has stuff with me since :yuck:
H

IIRC, it was based on his own experiences when he was on holiday to Norway.

YAY, woke up this morning and my throat has subsided a little, black stuff has gone :slayer: but still got white stuff :( penacilin must have kicked in :D

it the worest i have felt since the ages of 13 though where i was off school for two weeks

hope you get better soon sammiboo

all i need now if for the bad breath to clear up for my mates 21st on weds :yum:

thought id bring this thread back to life as ive still got a problem with my tonsils. i use to have tonsils that looked like little balls but since my tonsillitus the look like some one has stood on the and they have become oblong

any one know why this is?

cant go to the docs this weeks due to my thesis/disertation beiing due in on fri but hey look weird now, havent got any infection left. looks like they have binded to something but im unsure what.

am i a weirdo now? lol

I use to get it about 4-6 times a year when i was 16,bad to the point of i couldnt talk,just gargle of mess also just eat wet cereal.10 years on theyve not been removed might get it abit once ayear but no where near as bad. Glad ive still got um cos god knows wot could have happened to me if i had um removed.

My wife had her tonsils out when she was around 25, she had tonsilitis probably 4 or 5 times in a year and she constantly felt tired and ill (just like flu). After a while the antibiotics didn't work so she went to hospital to have them out. Fortunately she only had to wait a couple of weeks (private hospital due to long waiting list). She went in in the morning and was out by 10am the next day, no side effects or problems and was back to normal routine within 2 days. She wasn't allowed to go out and mix with other people for 10 days though to avoid any infection.

They do use a neat tool which seals the wound as it removes the tonsils, whole thing takes about 10 minutes.

Ever since she has been much much better and didn't realise how bad she felt when she had tonsilitis.

Push to get it done if it is affecting your health.

You may also be able to get this:

Radiofrequency ablation (Somnoplasty): Monopolar radiofrequency thermal ablation transfers radiofrequency energy to the tonsil tissue through probes inserted in the tonsil. The procedure can be performed in an office setting under light sedation or local anesthesia. After the treatment is performed, scarring occurs within the tonsil causing it to decrease in size over a period of several weeks. The treatment can be performed several times. The advantages of this technique are minimal discomfort, ease of operations, and immediate return to work or school. Tonsillar tissue remains after the procedure but is less prominent. This procedure is recommended for treating enlarged tonsils and not chronic or recurrent tonsillitis.

Back