General Outside temp sensor - removing ?

Currently reading:
General Outside temp sensor - removing ?

well, mine shows with almost 40 degrees more than it should.
So if outside temp is about 30degrees, in the dashboard appears almost 68-69.

I think that the sensor is not dead, because it works (wrong but it works, no -- ).
i have AC only, no Climate

It's not set to farenheight (sp?) is it?

Might be worth checking the 'A' pillar plug has a good connection and isn't gunked up / affecting resistance.

My appologises B0yCk.

I've just spent an hour trying to find out if the photo's you provided were deffinately of a Stilo. Your right they are.

I eventually found some photos at "Underwood Car Breakers"(attached) of a 52 plate 3 door Fiat Stilo drivers side(off side) mirror that has the outside temp sensor in the same place as the one in the photos you provided.

Its deffinately a Stilo and once the mirror is removed from the door the temp sensor can easily be pushed out via the slot where the wires come out.

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 2222.jpg
    2222.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 4444.jpg
    4444.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 969
  • 5555.png
    5555.png
    439.7 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
No problem Shadeyman ;)

Good photos, but i was wondering if i can take it out without removing the whole mirror.
I willl try later with a very thin blade (a cutter blade for example), and trying to take it off like the guy did it in my pictures.

I'll post here later.

Thanks for the photos Shadeyman !

Hi to all!

Yesterday, temp sensor in my stilo 1.9jtd showed temperature -5 celcium degrees (the actuall temperature was about +25).
When i bought a car, air conditioner didn't work, and several days ago it began knock.
Could it be that the sensor is not working due to a faulty air conditioner?

Thanks for response!

Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the white plug inside the door up by the mirror. You need to remove door panel. Fixed outside temp errors for me.

Sarge. The air conditioner would not work on my car when the temp indicated too low. Fixed by cleaning this plug.

Thanks for response (y)
I'll try to do it soon time.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the white plug inside the door up by the mirror. You need to remove door panel. Fixed outside temp errors for me.
https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=109613

Sarge. The air conditioner would not work on my car when the temp indicated too low. Fixed by cleaning this plug.

Old thread, but I have always been wondering. Outside temp only show correct temp at initial startup. When the car heats up, it gradually shows higher temp than correct temp (until a difference of 5 to 7 degrees). So if it is -15C outside, it will show -15 when starting, then -14 and so on to about -8 while driving. I have tested with another portable temp sensor over the past years. The little sensor must pick up some heat from the car. This is not a problem during summer and degrees above +5C. Has anyone experienced this?

By the way, the little white plug in the picture/link above is for the anti-strangle-your-kid-function of the electric window, so how this cured the temp problem I can't figure out. This wire does not go out to the mirror, it goes into the rubber mould that separates the window from the door frame.

Last edited:
OK. I had repeatedly tried to cure the outside temp problem by cleaning the contacts in the door jamb plug. Removing the door trim and cleaning contacts found inside the door then reassembly meant I had no more problems with accurate temperature readout since then. Have been using AC every time I go out at the moment so glad it works.:)

OK. I had repeatedly tried to cure the outside temp problem by cleaning the contacts in the door jamb plug. Removing the door trim and cleaning contacts found inside the door then reassembly meant I had no more problems with accurate temperature readout since then. Have been using AC every time I go out at the moment so glad it works.:)

Best thing is that it works! (y)

I still have no idea why mine shows correct at startup, then rises - other than the car actually transmitting heat through the mirror casing itself.

Back