Technical Outside temp gauge.

Currently reading:
Technical Outside temp gauge.

neonglow

Hi guys, it's my first post here :) I have a problem with the outside temp gauge. It shows “--/--“. I have cleaned the driver’s door cable connector with some contact spray, left it for a couple of hours to dry, but nothing happened. The car is a 2004 multiwagon, 1.6. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sensor for temp display is on the passengers side mirror..looks like a little nipple..:p thats probably duff..worth taking of the mirror and checking conections to it..nothing gained nothing lost..:shrug:

Sensor for temp display is on the passengers side mirror..looks like a little nipple..:p thats probably duff..worth taking of the mirror and checking conections to it..nothing gained nothing lost..:shrug:

That little nipple is on the driver's side, there is nothing on the passengers side... of my car at least. Can you confirm that? Perhaps my mirror has been replaced with some that doesn't have a temp sensor in it. I'll have look later today. Thanks for the reply.

Well i had two.. one on each mirror on me old 5dr..never found out why that was the case tho..never had reason to fiddle with them nipples cos the interior temp always displayed..I think MEP had a fiddle with his tho..lol....Ding Ice anyone..:D

Last edited:
Drivers side on the Stilo Phil, Passenger side on the Panda, just to confuse ya ;)

Well it's on the driver's side on the Stilo, if the stilo is outside Britain :) Yours should be on your passenger side. Anyway, has anybody got that problem?
100_6819.JPG

Right hand drive = right hand side mirror. anyway thats were mine is.

Question how the heck do you get your fuel consumption so low??? 5.5l to 100km!!! Please tell me your drive style. Would love to copycat that!!

Right hand drive = right hand side mirror. anyway thats were mine is.

Question how the heck do you get your fuel consumption so low??? 5.5l to 100km!!! Please tell me your drive style. Would love to copycat that!!

You got me all confused :) So this knob is on the left side of my car, when I am sitting in the car, to be precise :) As for the consumtion, the car is stilo multiwagon and the engine is 1.6. Amazing ain't it ? :) I was doing 80/90 on fifth gear for 30 kilometers and it dropped down to 5.0/100km.

Back