Out of the closet

Currently reading:
Out of the closet

Hello everyone I am from West Yorkshire and been a closet modifier of my wife's Cinquecento Sporting for a while now. I thought I would join in the chat while the scars heal and the skin grows back on my knuckles after finishing the wonderful job of lowering the suspension.

PS The Wife's just called and she only gone and taken the exhaust off on a speed bump! :bang:

welcome to the forum, perils of a lowered car eh (y)

I had a rock take my exhaust off on the M40, which then set fire to the bumper.. erk!

Any more mods planned for it, photos? :D

welcome :wave:

where about in west yorks are you from? quite a few members myself included from round there

I'm from cleckheaton, west yorkshire. Near Bradford. I drive a punto. Currently for sale in the classified section if anyones interested!! :D

Small world eh1

I Live off Mill Hill, but You will probaly have seen the car as my parents live in Darrington and either my wife or I drop the kids off / pick them up there every day. Its a Broom yellow Cinquecento Sporting with loud oval center exit exhaust. If I drive it will be moving fast is its the wife it will be going slow

do you not have any problems with the lower strut brace? i considered one, but with my cinq already dropped 60mm, a lower strut brace would take my ground clearence from 2" to under 1" :eek:

I only lowered it this last weekend and not had any problem yet the clearance still seems OK (and judjing by my wifes mishap the brace its not the lowest point on the car) I'm working away at the mo so not had chace to see if that was the exhaust was the only casualty.

I ran the braces with the standard spings for some time and had no problems, the old spings were so saggy that it sat lower with a full load on board than it does now! still running on standard rims and rubber so that help the clearance a bit as well.

Phew thats a releaf thought this thread was about batting for the other side :p :D welcome newbie (y)

allanhelen said:
I Live off Mill Hill, but You will probaly have seen the car as my parents live in Darrington and either my wife or I drop the kids off / pick them up there every day. Its a Broom yellow Cinquecento Sporting with loud oval center exit exhaust. If I drive it will be moving fast is its the wife it will be going slow

I dont recognise it, but i will keep an eye out if on the rare occasion i am up for school hrs :p I live near the darrington pub

Back