Holme1small.jpg

500 Our new Lounge 105

It's a hoot! After 20 years driving ST's, Sports and Si's I thought I might miss the power, but this cheeky little number is a laugh a minute. It's stylish and well-finished and it can sometimes surprise me with its get-up-and-go. The cabin feels really 'quality' and (surprising for an Italian car) everything seems to work really well!

The twinair gets better and better as the miles increase so you've that to look forward to, they're notoriously tight for the first 5 or 6k at least

Just a quick moan (I've got nothing better to do today). I noticed that the alloys were getting very dirty very quickly so I decided to clean them and boy was it a job and a half. It seems the dealer had polished the wheels with some oily stuff and the brake dust was sticking to it instead of blowing off. It took me ages to get it off, and there is still an oily coating on the wheels. I suppose it'll wear of given time and a few washes.

Just a quick moan (I've got nothing better to do today). I noticed that the alloys were getting very dirty very quickly so I decided to clean them and boy was it a job and a half. It seems the dealer had polished the wheels with some oily stuff and the brake dust was sticking to it instead of blowing off. It took me ages to get it off, and there is still an oily coating on the wheels. I suppose it'll wear of given time and a few washes.

Go to Halfords and buy some autoglym wheel protector and coat them after you next clean them. Once done, other than rinsing, you won't need to clean them for a long time. Currently on their buy 2 get one free offer (£10 per spray tin).

Edit. The spray coat stops the brake dust sticking to the rims.

Progress report: Just arrived back from a week's holiday in the Lake District and we are delighted with this nifty little car. About 58 mpg going and 51 coming back, not bad at all for a hard-working 900cc turbo. The radio amazed us with its seamless re-tuning and recalling of the BBC network stations as we went from region to region. We never even knew it had happened until I checked it.
Very happy with this little car so far, although having to use a key-fob to unlock and key-start rather than keyless everything of our old Suzuki does cause a bit of fumbling and swearing! Oh and the non-auto-folding door mirrors, the sheer horror!

Back