General Our annual Christmas Tree pick up

Currently reading:
General Our annual Christmas Tree pick up

thisisburdett

It's that time of year again,

The time we drive out in our little fiat to find a Christmas tree at least twice the length of the car, strap it to the roof and try and get home under our own steam.

Over the years we've had our fair share of breakdowns, jump leads from strangers and even a bump start from the police last year.

This year we relocated up North from North London so we were in completely unchartered territory.

By some stroke of 'luck' the mot date for the car is around the start of December so I was fairly confident we'd make it there and back this year as it had had a proper once over from a new local garage.

As ever we were armed with both children, a camera and this year a drone too.

Our trip was full of festive drama ranging from the mild peril of 4 pints of hot cocoa spilled out in the footwell, to the much more alarming complete loss of braking power, thankfully on a quiet junction of country lanes near our house.
Only 15 minutes before hand we hand been hurtling through the dales, down 20% gradients with a reservoir at the bottom...it doesn't bear thinking about!!

It really is uncanny how as soon as there is a tree placed on top of our car it always fails to some degree. Every other day of the year it starts first time and never misses a bit. (Actually, looking at the size of the tree compared to the car maybe it's not that uncanny...probably quite plan to see why it struggles ;)

Anyhow. That's enough of me rambling, instead I'd like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year.

Here's the film:

ps. There was a crack in the brake line to one of the rear wheels.

Fantastic!

So that little forest is a place people can go to get their own trees? Or do you just go around the countryside until you see one you like? 😮
A Christmas tree farm no less :)

Merry Christmas Ben!

Back