Ouch, the hurt. OWWWW, that really hurts, and's annoying

Currently reading:
Ouch, the hurt. OWWWW, that really hurts, and's annoying

I keep getting bloody stactic shock off of the car at the moment when I get out of her and go to shut the door:mad:

And it really hurts:cry:. I don't think its the clothing I'm wearing because its no different to usual. I had similar problem a few months back, adn then it stopped and has now started again.

Could it be the weather and is anyone else suffering the same problem at the moment?

Jon.

earth your car then to the floor

With one of these dangly things:p, but I mean surly there must be something wrong with the car somewhere. My last Panda never done it:(

yep, off the paj, the panda and the tub:eek: curiously the mrs doesn't, it's only ever me:(

I know. None of my friends get it when getting out of the car, I've even got them to shut the door for me (and thank god for remote central locking:p).

I even got it off of my friends Sciento the other day:mad:

its your shoes.

if i wear trainers i get shocks off the stilo, if i wear my wallbees or clarks originals with crepe soles, i dont.

I also have a bad habit of dragging my feet so those plasticy shop floors create a build up, as do carpets, then pow, i touch the car and get fried.

a good trick is to rest your (clothed) knee against the car before you touch it, then you dont get a shock

I get it all the time too. Always when getting out of the car and shutting the door. Tried everything to stop getting it (apart from booting it shut) but i still get them, same as with tesco trollies.

Its embarrassing when you get stared at in the car park because you yelped when you shut your door lol:eek:

lol this keeps happening to me too.. only when its hot and sunny tho...
i thought it was somthing to do with my soundsystem.. but looks like its just static.. ah well just get used to it its not that painfull! lol

Have you changed your footwear recently? I noticed if I wear certain shoes for driving I don't get shocks. Also try wearing cotton rather than polyester:p

you can become charged if you wear certain clothing and it rubs on the seat, then you discharge when you touch the car as you're getting out. toi prevent that you need to make sure you dont slide your arse over the seat material.

alternatively the car body can become charged due to friction with the air, and it discharges to you as you get out the car. this happens more in dry conditions becasue humid air can discharge the car where as dry air cant. the discharge can be prevented by wearing shoes that insulate you from the ground.

Last edited:
Back