Other people'e lights too bright at night.

Currently reading:
Other people'e lights too bright at night.

Reaper

Am I the only one who gets mad about this? Whenever I drive at night, I live in West London (W11), I am totally blinded by virtually most cars coming in the opposite direction. They seem to have their full beams on, so much so that I put mine on to confront them. It actually stings my eyes they are so bright and I am sure damages the eyes of drivers who view them.

What I think the problem is?

1/ 90% of drivers in my area of west london setting their lights full up (you can adjust on most new cars how high you want your lights), instead of the lower options.

2/ The fact that they are mostly new cars makes the lights brighter anyway.

3/ Many 4X4s sit higher on the road and they are nightmare to confront.

4/ Finally anyone who has ever driven around Kensal Rise, Wilsden, Kilburn will see terrible drivers, many of whom have bought their license (having paid someone else to sit their test). I have seen many who actually drive around with their full beams on and are confused when I flash them.

How to solve it?

I think the Police should stop everyone with dangerously high lights. They just drive around like lost farts at night, may aswell do some good and attempt to protect other drivers eyes from the idiots.

Personally I am thinking of getting one of those stick on visors that you attach to the front windscreen, that used to be all the rage a few years ago and that come in blue, purple ect. Not sure how much they are or where to get them though.

How to solve it?

I think the Police should stop everyone with dangerously high lights.

I am thinking of getting one of those stick on visors that you attach to the front windscreen, that used to be all the rage a few years ago and that come in blue, purple ect. Not sure how much they are or where to get them though.

in theory the police do stop people with badly adjusted lights, in practice they dont have the time or resources, and even if they do pull someone over that person will readjust their lights 5mins later.

to block light a visor must be between your eyes and the light source. thats not a good thing when the light source is in the same place you need to see.

if you cant beat them join them, have perfectly good dipped beam but arm your car with seriously bright full beams so you can fight back in the war of light. get some HID's in your full beam lights then prepare to illuminate the first mofo who blinds you. a burnt retina always has the desired effect.

failing that follow them home and smash their headlights, or their head, or even better smash their head off their headlights. one man can make a difference, it simply requires ultraviolence, hitler taught us that.

Last edited:
if you cant beat them join them, have perfectly good dipped beam but arm your car with seriously bright full beams so you can fight back in the war of light. get some HID's in your full beam lights then prepare to illuminate the first mofo who blinds you. a burnt retina always has the desired effect.

failing that follow them home and smash their headlights, or their head, or even better smash their head off their headlights. one man can make a difference, it simply requires ultraviolence, hitler taught us that.

LMFAO jug is a legend... vigilante action for the win :slayer:

O.K own up all of you who drive round with your foglights on, I bet loads of you do even tho its illegal to do so in clear weather, these blind me so much I have taken to wearing tinted glasses at night as our area is full of these
' Oh look at me with my oh so cool foggies on' cretins,
why else would you do it apart from showing off ? also fitting illegal high wattage bulbs is getting more common, police have a crackdown every now & again but it still goes on:bang:

O.K own up all of you who drive round with your foglights on
its mostly the under21's (and those with equivalent intelligence) who do that. i was young and dumb once, i even thought my foglights looked cool, i wish i could go back in time 10 years and tell myself some harsh truths, then again i wouldnt have listened.

If I still had foggies I would use them, Tipo Foggies point at the floor and are so not blinding to anyone apart from foxies, rabbits, babies in buggies or equivilents who are about to die.

I no longer have foggies But I do have these cool White L.E.D side bulbs.

I drive with them on, they don't illuminate the floor but you can see them coming if you were driving towards.

I think around town people should drive with sidelights only anyway. There is no need for dipped when all the roads in your area have street lights.

Although I don't blind people I've been pulled over by the police because at a distance they don't look white.... or so I'm told I've never seen them from a distance but it says white on the packet and they look white when I stood directly infront of them.

The police actually searched my car for 10 minutes looking for a "light changer switch"

If I had a car that was not mine for everynight of the week, whenever someone drove at me with bright lights I would just ram them head on and say they blinded me.

Nope I don't, can't stand people that do, and you'd be suprised, its not just under 21s, I've seen people in their 40s/50s doing it, and thats just plain crazy, I only use my fogs on the lanes at night if its raining (usually to spot puddles, they're turned off when theres a car around)

Trance: Can we ask why you feel the need to enhance your lights? admitting you would use fogs if you had them?
Its hardly 'cool' anymore, having something few others have might be considered 'cool' in some circles but its just one step up from kids at playtime:slayer:

I only use my fogs on the lanes at night if its raining (usually to spot puddles, they're turned off when theres a car around)

To the letter of the law you are not allowed to use them unless visibility is below 30 feet?

So if you gonna use them for puddles might as well just use them all the time. I did otherwise I'd never get to use them and it would be a waste of perfectly good fog lamps!

Can we ask why you feel the need to enhance your lights? admitting you would use fogs if you had them?
Its hardly 'cool' anymore, having something few others have might be considered 'cool' in some circles but its just one step up from kids at playtime:slayer:

You can ask anything, but would help if you said who you were asking ;)

If that was aimed at me it because I still think a car looks more naughty with Foggies. Personally I don't have a problem with them as they cause me no discomfort and most don't. High Beams Yes I don't like them. 4x4s and BMW Mercedes lights, Yes.

There are a few reasons to use L.E.D lights.

1: They look nicer (Preference)
2: They last longer
3: You can get them in a variety of pretty colours
4: They do the job

Last edited:
whats the point in using them all the time? it just dazzles other people at night and I'd be another knob on the road ;)

Well if thats your Panda in your Avatar it appears to have Spotlamps. I don't even think they are no where near as bright as real foggies nor are they classed foggies so you could use them all the time if you wanted to.

For spotting things, like ememy snipers :confused:

yes it is, but......they would still dazzle people so therefore I don't use them
Are you sure they dazzle people? have you asked anyone? I know everyones eyes are different but spotlamps are alright for me I could drive head on with you with a smile on my face :) and not ram you :mad:

It does say Trance:p ( couldn't type fast enough to put in the ndental:D
I know I saw when I pressed Edit :p

The old Foglight Argument has been going on for years but I personally feel I'd much rather be confronted with FogLamps then HighBeams or BMW/Merc/4x4 Superbrights.

There may be laws but the fog lamp law means/does nothing for me as I feel safe when people go head to head with me showing foglamps. I dont feel safe with the supernaughtybrights. sometimes I actually have to stop my car and hope tehy drive past me without hitting me. Its worse when the fookers are behind you and decide to just follow you changing lane with you all the time.

Reaper if you think West London is bad for Drivers... try taking a visit to South or East London.

I could probably understand if they were driving through lanes where extra light is very useful, but in town centres and lit roads theres no real need, either way its common courtesy to turn them off if your faced with someone coming the other way, not everyones' eyes are the same

I could probably understand if they were driving through lanes where extra light is very useful, but in town centres and lit roads theres no real need, either way its common courtesy to turn them off if your faced with someone coming the other way, not everyones' eyes are the same

I have to agree with the above! Sorry Trans, but foglights are meant to be used as they are named i.e. to be only used in severely reduced visibility. Using them otherwise is pointless and is inconsiderate to other road users. I mean, if we all decided that we didn't like certain rules of the road and therefore we just ignored them there'd be anarchy as no-one would adhere to any rules.

Plus whenever I see someone driving round with foggies on in clear visibility I just think "Chav!" ;)

Its very obvious that it affects some people much more than others, clearly the fact that I now have to wear tinted glasses at night shows how it affects me as I don't normally need glasses for driving, I am surprised the police don't make into a good earner with on the spot fines as they're quick enough to pull you up if they spot anything else:bang:

Back