Other people'e lights too bright at night.

Currently reading:
Other people'e lights too bright at night.

It annoys me too, especially when driving outside of town at night, can be dangerous on bendy little roads you don't know when you are completely blinded by some ignoramus (sp?) and can't see the road ahead. I have a couple of friends with rally pods etc. who take pleasure in blinding people who attempt to blind them :)

the ones that p155 me off are the ones that have a headlamp out....
or the ones that paid Mr Halfrauds to change a bulb and they have been put in wrong (especially h4 headlamp bulbs) ive fitted "blue" headlamp bulbs and side lights but i chose the "E" marked version they give a much whiter light than the standard halogen bulb and pick up the white line better..

As for the headlamp alignment dial in your car its supposed to be set at zero when the car is unloaded only when you get a few people in the car and a boot full or a trailer/ caravan on they need to be wound down.

i must admit i do the same as 100hpJames on the quiet back roads if its been raining but i use them like my main beam and knock them on if there is oncoming traffic... what happens with the new brava when the fog lamp on the corner illuminates as you turn in to a junction as a plod car approaches he/ she is going to assume your driving on your front fogs and have a lamp out.. :confused:

has anyone seen some of the new fords with the side lamp built into the foglamp cluster???

I have to agree with the above! Sorry Trans, but foglights are meant to be used as they are named i.e. to be only used in severely reduced visibility. Using them otherwise is pointless and is inconsiderate to other road users. I mean, if we all decided that we didn't like certain rules of the road and therefore we just ignored them there'd be anarchy as no-one would adhere to any rules.

Plus whenever I see someone driving round with foggies on in clear visibility I just think "Chav!" ;)

Aye, It wasn't me who said I used them for Puddles :p and in London as you well know, Traffic lights don't counts after 2330 unless they manned by a camera :D

Last edited:
Wow - what some opinion here, I have had the phillips vision plus for over 5 years and never been flashed with them on dipped beam and that was in 4x4 where the high fitting of the headlamp when set correctly points at the road at a better angle, and not up at motorists. As for headlamps stinging eyes, this should be looked by an optician as it could be the start of something wrong, yes it is uncomfortable with high beam and poorly set up headlamps coming at you, but it should not sting. In some parts of the world I've been to only use their headlights when out of town, and sidelights in town seems to work as I never got runover through not seeing them.

Back