General Original Grundig radio

Currently reading:
General Original Grundig radio

Hi all,

Ive just bought an original Grundig radio cassette for my '97 Barchetta to take it back to original.

There's no code and Davren on the main forum says that he doesn't have a calculator for Grundig radios and believes that they can only be decoded with an EPROM dump at a radio workshop.

Has anyone got any experience of this or can help otherwise?

Its a Grundig AD 183M and the serial number is FA0926S1123103.

Many thanks.

Try putting in 'car radio codes' there are pages of places that say they can give you the code for any radio. I used a site called 'justanswer.com', I received a code within 10mins which worked. If you like the service you can make a small donation. I've given this site to other friends who have all had good results. Good luck
Peter

Apparently I cant get a code off the net - need to take it to a car radio repair shop (do they still exist?!) for them to plug it in to this EPROM dump 'thing' and give me the code. More google searching for a repair shop, unless anyone knows a good one....

They gave me a code, I put the radio in the car and it worked straightaway - no code asked for or required. Lesson there somewhere?!
Anyone got a user manual for the AD 183 M Grundig now......

That's interesting - my Original Grundig's never demanded a code, even though I've had it out of the car a few times.

It looks so right in the dash that I can't bring myself to replace it, even though it's totally carp at what it does!

So I play tunes with the gearbox instead...

I wish! No this is the posh one - mines the radio cassette of the early models that fits the dash without any plastic surround showing. But thanks anyway - appreciate the thought!

They gave me a code, I put the radio in the car and it worked straightaway - no code asked for or required. Lesson there somewhere?!
Anyone got a user manual for the AD 183 M Grundig now......

I have the original handbook for the Grundig- in Italian. I haven't been on here for a while and could have told you that you probably wouldn't have needed a code. I changed the aftermarket CD player in my car to an original Clarion Casette/Radio and it too worked without the code.

Steve

Bumble, no worries - it took me about 2 weeks to finally get a code - should have just plugged it in and seen what was what!
Will post some pics when the hood is on.

Back