Ordering Pizza!

Currently reading:
Ordering Pizza!

Didn't find that remotely funny...
Incredibly offensive though. A turban carries a large amount of significance to Sikhs.

Last edited:
i heard a funny one on the radio the otherday, they ring 1 pizza place an place an order, they then ring another pizza place and then get first pizza place to read back the order, but the other pizza place thinks they are asking them for the order, they then both asking where to deliver it to, both pizza guys get realy pissed with each other, i think it was radio 1

Steve said:
If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh it? Does every white/black person take offence at jokes or pranks aimed at them?
no its usaly other people saying that, that person will be offended but the persons them selves are not usaly ofended. unless you use god as a log in name that pisses people off :eek:

Attachments

• a298.gif
    a298.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 20
Steve said:
If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh it? Does every white/black person take offence at jokes or pranks aimed at them?

Because there was absolutely no need to single out this person's ethnicity or religion. The joke could have worked, been funnier and be applicable to any target but for the fact that race/religion were centred on.

The call 'could' have gone:
"Pete, surname s, a, z, o, v"
"Pizza's Off"
"your pizza's off?!?!"

Or any number of non ethnic/religious alternatives, but to single out an important article of someone's faith is wrong.

dave said:
i heard a funny one on the radio the otherday, they ring 1 pizza place an place an order, they then ring another pizza place and then get first pizza place to read back the order, but the other pizza place thinks they are asking them for the order, they then both asking where to deliver it to, both pizza guys get realy pissed with each other, i think it was radio 1
Ah, I heard something similar on the Scott Mills show, but it was with the two Indian restaurants. Well funny.

Steve said:
Wrong? No it's not. I certainly don't take offence to Irish jokes posted on the forum. I'm sick of being bombarded with political correctness, it's symptomatic of the creeping left-wing dictatorship that Blair aspires to...

Wow I actually agree with you more each day :eek:

I'm a little more torn about this...I still think steve's right about the left-wing goodie goodie cr*p this governemnt spurts out.. political correctness gone insane... But why should religion be any more of a sore subjec than picking on any other feature in a person's life... If that'd ben a dig at a fat person, then it'd have been a different situation for you, you wouldn't be bothered. I take Frog jokes on a daily basis, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less.
I do know that Sihks take their religion quite seriously however, having said that, a couple of my sihk mates would be the first to make a joke about things. It's in the eye of the beholder isn't it...
Besides, some people would say he shot himself in the foot when he started bringing people's mothers into the arguement :)

oh and as it turns out, i didn't find that very funny... I didn't think it was clever enough to be...

Trancendental said:
Don't get me wrong, the first time he went through the motions I chuckled... but he kept calling back doing the saaaaammmmme thing, thats harassment and not the good fun sexual type, just plain annoying type :rolleyes:

yea, actually, that's pretty much my view, the first time was a chuckle. but after...not so funny.

We were trying to order a pizza once and it was a bit hard trying to explain where to deliver it to because my mates house wasn't on a named street :rolleyes: they were getting a bit stroppy the other end of the line apparently.

Back