General Ordered My Stilo Today

Currently reading:
General Ordered My Stilo Today

ChrisF

Well after much looking around, i found there was only one car i liked the look of. So today i test drove a 54 plate (6 month, demonstrator only) stilo 1.6 active sport, and i have to say i was very impressed by the roadholding and handling, was glued to the road! Visibillity was excellent (im 6ft6 and i struggle with my fiesta wing mirrors) and the engine was a pleasure to drive in the city and the motorway. So i got the car back to the dealers in one piece and decided to take it.

Being a bank holiday, i cant get to the bank till tuesday to sign the loan forms which have been pre approved :( i dont want to wait, i want it now, it made driving so much fun.

This was my deal:

54 Plate (reg in sept) Techno Grey, Stilo, 1.6 16v active sport. 415 miles on the clock. Been showroom demonstrator all its life. Got 700 quid trade in on my 97 fiesta which is on its last legs. So the total price on the road after trade in , warranty transfer, road tax, metallic paint etc was 8201.25. I thought this was a pretty damn good deal :)

Chris

Last edited:
Re: Ordered My Stio Today

yup the 3 door sporty looking mofo! Only thing i forgot to test was cranking the stereo with some good fast double bass metal!!m But somehow i dont think the salesman would have enjoyed the effect that has on my driving.

Re: Ordered My Stio Today

Congrats on the new car.
You're lucky you don't have to wait 2 months to get your car. ;)

Good choice with a 3dr in technogray (which is the same as i just ordered) (y)

Ours is a technogrey, good choice mate! It will be worth the wait. I cleaned mine in the rain this morning, people thought I was mad but it definately looks better clean than dirty! I have my doubts about the stilo, then I drive it again and all is forgiven. Good luck mate Dave P

Yeah, 5 door is far more practical but i couldn't resist the 3 door either, i figured i'd always be driving or at least in the passenger seat so whoever's in the back will just have to cope :p !!!!!

MIne took just over 3 months to be delivered!!!!!!!!! Fiat told me it had to be brought over from italy and that the wouldn't even start to buld it until after a month of me ordering it :bang: !!!!!!!
But hey, i can tell u it's worth the wait!!!!!! (y)

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
Yeah, 5 door is far more practical but i couldn't resist the 3 door either, i figured i'd always be driving or at least in the passenger seat so whoever's in the back will just have to cope :p !!!!!
I have it the excact same way. When i'm in my car i'm either driving it or is in the passenger seat, i will never be riding en the back. :D

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
But hey, i can tell u it's worth the wait!!!!!! (y)
I can't wait!......I can't wait! :D
Come Fiat, please hurry!!!!!

I wouldn't say the back of the 3 door is particularly cramped or even that difficult to get into, biggest issue is poor ventilation, only 1 vent to be shared by all the folk in the back (and it seems the new Stilo 04 model deleted this vent). Plus the back windows don't open!

Even my 3 door Saxo VTS had opening rear windows, as does my mini cooper. although great for security, its not exactly ideal for the folk in the back.

I would say the major consideration is having to get out to let people out and them having to sort of fall in. You couldn't let an elderly person do it!

3dr looks best but 5dr is much more practical.

StiloBoy said:
I wouldn't say the back of the 3 door is particularly cramped or even that difficult to get into, biggest issue is poor ventilation, only 1 vent to be shared by all the folk in the back (and it seems the new Stilo 04 model deleted this vent). Plus the back windows don't open!

Even my 3 door Saxo VTS had opening rear windows, as does my mini cooper. although great for security, its not exactly ideal for the folk in the back.
Vent is still there, at least it is on my Abarth and thats a 54 model.

As far as the back seat goes, I have been driving about in a 5 door fiesta ghia X for the last 5 years and its time to ditch the 5 door rattlewagon now that my younger brothers have just both bought cars. I've done my 5 years family taxi service so it's time to move on to something nice looking and fun :)

I was considering a 2 seater but i couldnt get my knees under the steering wheel (i'm 6ft6) of the MG or the celica, both were pretty high mileage anyway.

Basically woe befalls the being who asks me for a lift :) And thats the way i want it, "sorry mate no room :) "

It is usually just me who is in the car during the week and at the weekends the girlfriend usually takes up residence along side me :) SO the back seat is pretty much bag chucking space (y)

Back