Technical opening the ecu in my sei (pre facelift)

benfredjosh

BEN IS A SMACK ED!!!
How do i open the ecu in my 1999 sei sporting? i am looking to buy a chip just want to see if i have a removable chip? i was oping to do it this afternoon so faster the reply the better really? many thanks 2 any reply lol :cool: :bang: :bang:

arc

this is where i stand
remove the 4 bolts holding it in. turn it over, and with a sharp knife cut the rubber seal all the way round. then very carefully prise the base plate off the ECU.

Thats it, remeber to re-seal it with sillicone once you've finished.

I could save you some hassle though, its very unlikely a 99 Sei will have a removeable EEPROM.

bad_boy_racer said:
Do you mean IN-correct? As Arc said that it would probably NOT be removable :confused:
Matt
No I mean Arc's instructions for opening up the box were correct but his view that the chip would be soldered is not.
Regards,
michael

arc

this is where i stand
Sorry - my bad. Go with what Michael says, he knows a tintsy bit more about ECU's than I do!

I just assumed they'd be soldered because the late Cinq ones were and Sei uses the same type of ECU.

Wasnt Gaz's soldered though?

gaz.d

taffy git
arc said:
Sorry - my bad. Go with what Michael says, he knows a tintsy bit more about ECU's than I do!

I just assumed they'd be soldered because the late Cinq ones were and Sei uses the same type of ECU.

Wasnt Gaz's soldered though?

i assumed mine was soldered so got a cinq one

if he opens up the one he won of ebay, he be able to tell you :D

OP
OP
benfredjosh

benfredjosh

BEN IS A SMACK ED!!!
just thought i'd let u knwo i am going to open it this afternoon? ok so i'll let u all know how i get on!

gaz_wrexham said:
i assumed mine was soldered so got a cinq one

if he opens up the one he won of ebay, he be able to tell you :D

I have looked at 3 '99 ECU's all were socketed. Not looked in the one I got from you gaz, but will let everyone know what I find when I do.

Regards,

michael

benfredjosh said:
just thought i'd let u knwo i am going to open it this afternoon? ok so i'll let u all know how i get on!

If you're after a chip i can supply for a '99 Sei sporting @ £50. Just need to know what is printed on the Label on the original chip. [usual moneyback guarantee applies]

Regards,

Michael

I hope you don't mind me asking but where have you fitted the ecotec, there was a thread on here a few months ago that seemed to say that there was no suitable place to fit one on a cinq or Sei. How do you rate the ecotec?

Regards,

michael

OP
OP
benfredjosh

benfredjosh

BEN IS A SMACK ED!!!
i have now removed it (yesterday afternoon) after reading the thread now i have tken it off i see a difference the fan doesnt cut nearly as often as if used 2?? i wudnt recomend it! EVER!