General Opening Multiwagon Glass Window??

Currently reading:
General Opening Multiwagon Glass Window??

Hi, I cant seem to get the glass window open on the Multiwagon. I tried hitting the tailgate remote button twice (suggested in manual), that didnt work. And the the two sensors on the tailgate just seem to open the whole thing. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Owen

Mine did exactly this. It was one of the microswitches inside the main tailgate catch had broken off its mounting. I glued it back in place and it has been fine since.

I had the opposite, glass opens, gate wouldn't. The main tailgate handle switch can be removed from the body coloured handle, disassembled, cleaned and dried. This solved my problem so see if you can do same to the glass switch above the number plate, assuming you knew this was there;)

Yeah, i noticed theres two buttons/pads but they both open the tailgate :mad:. I asked Fiat just to take a look at it while they were doing the timing belt and they said they would need to strip the door...£147 ha. I think it will be what you say, there is a lot of damp in the back window so i guess some water has got at the mechanism. I tried to take the tailgate apart this morning but the screws are awkward, think a flexible screwdriver will do the trick (y)

Yeah, i noticed theres two buttons/pads but they both open the tailgate :mad:. I asked Fiat just to take a look at it while they were doing the timing belt and they said they would need to strip the door...£147 ha. I think it will be what you say, there is a lot of damp in the back window so i guess some water has got at the mechanism. I tried to take the tailgate apart this morning but the screws are awkward, think a flexible screwdriver will do the trick (y)
If they are opening the tailgate, something is not right. You may have water in the switches in the handle.
Unfortunately, you have to open the glass to get the tailgate plastic lining off. I never found a way of opening it manually and I was lucky that the problem was in the tailgate latch and could fix it without taking the tailgate apart.
Screws do come out easily though. They are Torx head. T25 or T30, but are quite away down the holes. One of those cheap screwdrivers with replaceable ends should get them out though.

Argh..No way!. So i gotta find a way of getting it done from the outside :confused:. I can't justify giving Fiat £150 to do something, i could probably do if i knew how lol. There must be a way :rolleyes:. Spose i could live without it if worst comes to the worst. Cheers John.

Argh..No way!. So i gotta find a way of getting it done from the outside :confused:. I can't justify giving Fiat £150 to do something, i could probably do if i knew how lol. There must be a way :rolleyes:. Spose i could live without it if worst comes to the worst. Cheers John.
You can undo the screws and pull the panel away a bit to get your hand inside the tailgate, but the top edge does not come off unless the glass is open. You have to do everything by feel and it is awkward, but I suppose possible. Maybe you could try to unbolt the rear handle in this way.

Back