open door policy

Currently reading:
open door policy

you expect foreign people to take some time to become accustomed to british culture and law. we've had the same thing in the past with previous influxes of foreingers.

"Research into migrant workers has shown they are playing an increasingly pivotal role in some regions where employers say they struggle to recruit."

i have seen that happening in the north east, the kind of jobs that my mates would quit after 2 weeks are now filled with eastern europeans, they get paid less, work harder and do overtime. compared to my mates skiving or coming to work drunk and high the foreigners must seem like pure gold.

I don't mind them comming here and hard grafting paying their own way but unfortunatly most of them don't!.

This comment on that link really pissed me off:-

Steve Mc Queen said:
I am a mortgage adviser and I have been approached by several EU immigrants for mortgages. When I told one he had insufficient income for a particular mortgage he asked me if he could take into account benefits!. I was suprised to see how lucky he was. Working family tax credit, child tax credit, disability living allowance for his wife. Oh yes and his daughter gets £30 per week education Maintenence allowence and they are in reciept of housing benefit. Arrived in UK 6 weeks ago.

That means they want to buy a house on a mortgage paid for by the UK tax payer! :bang: :mad:. Well Im sorry they can live in a f**king doss house until they get a decent job and struggle with a over inflated mortgage like me and most people in this country! :bang:

you cant blame them for claiming what they are legally entitled to, the problem is our benefits system. i've said it a million times and i'll say it again, scrap benefits, all of them. use the money that saves to reduce taxes for workers. all of a sudden the country goes back to work and the lazy struggle to survive, the way it should be.

Last edited:
you cant blame them for claiming what they are legally entitled to, the problem is our benefits system. i've said it a million times and i'll say it again, scrap benefits, all of them. use the money that saved to reduce taxes for workers. all of a sudden the country goes back to work and the lazy struggle to survive, the way it should be.

Yeah I'll second that, I need Working Tax credits and Child Tax credits to survive but if they lowered Income Tax and NI I wouldn't need it and a fair bit better of may I add!.

we had a couple of polish lads where i work, very likeable lads who want to work, but they went back to poland, missed their families. why do we need to import workers while we pay so many to sit on their arses watching daytime tv.To make ends meet,even though ive got a decent job, I have to work quite a bit of overtime, yet some ppl seem to be under no pressure to work, and have a better life than i do! Dont mind working bloody hard, would be bored otherwise, but tax laws dont reward hard work

why do we need to import workers while we pay so many to sit on their arses watching daytime tv.

its the old willing/able problem. some are unable to work but many are unwilling, if there was more motivaiton to work (i.e. no alternative) then you wouldnt have so many people sitting around doing nothing. i believe an economy should be structure in such a way that every able person will be willing to work.

that isnt true in the uk, far from it, but i dont blame many of the people who are unwilling to work, why should they when the benefit to them is so small compared to not working. if you only get £80 extra a week compared not working then why bother. i wouldnt do a 37.5hour week for the sake of £80.

Back