One missed call

Currently reading:
One missed call

Was watching the superbikes and left my phone upstairs. I then come upstairs and see a missed call from a strange number. Put the number into google and... It's a tyre and exhaust centre from Middlesex.

Whaaaaaaat?

I'll see if they call back in the next couple of days, if not I'll ring them. Guess they could have the wrong number, but at ten past four on a Sunday?

Anything like this happened to you?

I've had to change my number a few times recently as someone was giving my number out as theirs :mad: I got loads of calls (mostly missed as I didn't pick up as I didn't know the number) in some mid-eastern language and quite a few were from abroad and it all got too much when some garage phoned me constantly, insisting my car was in their garage and what did I want done with it and wouldn't take my word that I could see my car from my window and it was fine :rolleyes: :confused: Since I got it changed, it's been fine *touches wood*

So be grateful you just got one :p

I've had to change my number a few times recently as someone was giving my number out as theirs :mad: I got loads of calls (mostly missed as I didn't pick up as I didn't know the number) in some mid-eastern language and quite a few were from abroad and it all got too much when some garage phoned me constantly, insisting my car was in their garage and what did I want done with it and wouldn't take my word that I could see my car from my window and it was fine :rolleyes: :confused: Since I got it changed, it's been fine *touches wood*

So be grateful you just got one :p

i had this. people phoning me up at night and saying that they could see me through the window and were going to "get" me. :D

obviously lies as im still alive :rolleyes:

i still get prank phone calls from people my age who behave like children, i just tell them to get a life. seemingly they never do :confused:

You could say "at least I wasn't on a bus" but you don't have a car on the road just now do you? ;)

never felt the need to google them or post it up :nutter:

I always pop an unknown number into Google and I'm glad I do as well. On previous occasions I've found a few threads in forums with a number which has turned out to be a money-draining scheme of some sort. Given today's climate of scamtasticness, I find it a little odd why googling a strange number is such a strange concept.

Never dealt with them before. Guess if it was important they would've left a message and all that jazz.

my mum had a corker of a answer phone message the other day. shes a vicar and on her work phone she had a guy pretending to be god and calling her his child and singing her name to the tune of "cant touch this". never thought of googling the number!

Back