Technical Once again electric window problem

Currently reading:
Technical Once again electric window problem

kimiivica

Hello to all Bravo owners,

just to mention I own Bravo 1.6 MJTD 2008. 105HP , 75000 miles, no problems at all till few days ago. Electric window on the passenger side decided to stay in closed position (up). When pressed switch (both of them) there is a click sound in the door and after first click follow a second one 2sec later but nothing happened (no sound from motor even trying to move).
Beside, rear wiper stucked but I managed to open the mechanism and with a little help of WD and tools it is working again.
Any suggestions for electric window?
Thanks

Hi there. You say "Once again electric window problem". What was the problem with the window last time?
Just refering on frequency of this kind of issue so I put "once again" in the prefix. Moreover, till now I experienced , but really, no issues with my Bravo. Yesterday I checked the window mechanism and it looks OK so I guess it is maybe simple mechanical "glitch". Furthermore, I checked the power supply, also OK. I am bit confused about this so if anybody experienced same problem I will appreciate some advice..

I believe there is a way to try and reset the windows. Or at least there was on most cars I owned, something along the lines of holding it in the up positions for 30 seconds then holding down for another 30 seconds. If someone can confirm this that might be worth a try, don't do it just off my say so though, I don't want to be responsible of damaging your window further, but the fact you hear a click would indicate to me that power is getting to the motor but isn't actually making it run.

I believe there is a way to try and reset the windows. Or at least there was on most cars I owned, something along the lines of holding it in the up positions for 30 seconds then holding down for another 30 seconds. If someone can confirm this that might be worth a try, don't do it just off my say so though, I don't want to be responsible of damaging your window further, but the fact you hear a click would indicate to me that power is getting to the motor but isn't actually making it run.
Ok I will check this.
Thanks

I have that problem on my punto t jet
But other way round
Won't go back up...have to wait a while for it to start again

Horrible when someone gets in passenger side and goes straight for the window :/

I have that problem on my punto t jet
But other way round
Won't go back up...have to wait a while for it to start again

Horrible when someone gets in passenger side and goes straight for the window :/
I had window problems in my Renault Megane. I had such a fear of the windows being accidentally rolled down that I disconnected the switch, maybe this is an idea for you?

I had window problems in my Renault Megane. I had such a fear of the windows being accidentally rolled down that I disconnected the switch, maybe this is an idea for you?

Yh that sounds a good idea
Had it looked at last year when it was in 3 month warranty and they just said it needed some connection oil

Sounds like they just did it in the cheap as I wouldn't have to pay!

Back