Panda (Classic) On Ebay

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) On Ebay

no they are the only ones who can issue a cod, ive had shells taken away and told dvla that ive scrapped the shell, they do get funny and want the details of who took the shell but i just said it was some one who knocked on my door. i then getter a letter saying thank you for telling us the vehicle has been permanently scrapped owtta

Just an update on this, you can write with the V5c to say it has been scrapped & you get confirmation that the car's no longer your responsibility. The car itself remains on the database, and now shows as unlicenced.

The car will only disappear as scrapped if they receive a COD.

This is current as I did it a few weeks ago for a non-existant car which was broken for parts years ago & got caught in the ridiculous new system (I had to keep Sorning it despite only the V5 being left!!). At least the DVLA will take you off the logbook now (y)

I put a vehicle that was declared as scrap (with old type V5) back on the road. I applied for a new V5 using the form you use if the current V5 hs been lost and a few weeks later one arrvied no questions asked. Not sure if that always happens or I just got lucky. Different story if a COD has been issued though I imagine.

Just as an interesting note; you can get a log book (V5) for any vehicle whether you own it or not. Just fill in the application form and include £25.

The DVLA say that this cannot happen and that they will never issue a V5 to a new owner on these grounds........

And yet my 'Cabstar' truck, that I used to run, had this done to it three times. And 3 times I had to get in touch with DVLA who sent me another V5 after I recieved notification that the vehicle was no longer registered to me.

It was kept outside my house and I was using it regularly throughout.

Final solution..? I sold it(n)

Been too busy fighting Vogons. The good news being that, last night, we won the first major battle (and, no, Palio, it wasn't a poetry contest...). Looks like it could be a long war, though: so grab your towels...! :nutter:

Hope the Vogons are suitably vanquished - glad it's going ok so far. (y)

How's this for an odd coincidence - same day I read this posting I took the Uno for a lurch (sorry drive) delivering boring tax stuff to people. It has no aerial so out of boredom I dug out some old tapes as it has an original Blaupunkt radio/cassette.

Ok I'm getting there...... ;)

Anywho I exhumed The Eagles, One Of These Nights (£4.99 Woolworths!). Not heard that for donkeys, and was shocked to hear the original Hitchhikers Guide music on there!!! :eek: I genuinely had no idea it was The Eagles or that I'd heard it on that album before. It's quite an interesting piece actually - very hippy trippy early '70's in places. Called "Journey to the Sorcerer" and 6.39mins long. Reminded me a bit of the full length version of "The Chain" (F1 music if there's anyone left from Traal who had missed that fact).

I guess everyone else knew this about the Hitchhikers theme....... (y)

Edit: Of course being a Luddite I'd forgotten that everything's online these days! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hope the Vogons are suitably vanquished - glad it's going ok so far. (y)

Thank you. The fat lady has yet to sing, though...! :eek:

I guess everyone else knew this about the Hitchhikers theme....... (y)

I think I might have known it, once; but had forgotten it... -- so thank you! :worship:

Tidying up, over Christmas, we came across videos of the original TV series.... :eek:

Back