Technical OMP Strutbrace

Currently reading:
Technical OMP Strutbrace

Ryan m

I have an OMP strutbrace but when trying to fit it, it keeps hitting off something and so it doesnt sit properly.:confused: Has anyone else had this problem? if so what did u do? thanks

Re: OMP Strurbrace

What Stilo is this for?

I am aware the brace on the Abarth hits a resevoir tank, top right as you look in the bay, and so that needs to be amended somehow. Is this the case on others?

Well Little Becky has had a problem fitting hers on the JTD you can see this in the other thread by SLC she had to make up a plate to lower a filter then it went in (y)

PNL said:
Well Little Becky has had a problem fitting hers on the JTD you can see this in the other thread by SLC she had to make up a plate to lower a filter then it went in (y)

I have just ordered my brace and I noticed that the brace for the stilo does not include the JTD dispite the fact that becky said that on the packaging the brace came in said 1.6/JTD :confused:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

yea its printed not including jtd on the site because it wouldent fit on mine... strutbracer is about 6 miles away from me so i went to collect it got it home tried it . it hit the fuel filter so i took it back he tried it and found the same problem i then decided i could make it fit so took it back and fitted it but strutbracer said he was gonna alter it on his site saying not a direct fit for the jtd/s because of that problem... must have just forgotten to do ebay

little becky said:
yea its printed not including jtd on the site because it wouldent fit on mine... strutbracer is about 6 miles away from me so i went to collect it got it home tried it . it hit the fuel filter so i took it back he tried it and found the same problem i then decided i could make it fit so took it back and fitted it but strutbracer said he was gonna alter it on his site saying not a direct fit for the jtd/s because of that problem... must have just forgotten to do ebay

They will also have to inform all the dealers they have supplied because its in the demon tweeks catalogue and the others ive got also.

PNL said:
Do u no how big the plate had to be? iv had a look at the pics and am thinking of doing the same to mine. how exactly did u go about fitting the plate etc? thanks

Ryan m said:
Do u no how big the plate had to be? iv had a look at the pics and am thinking of doing the same to mine. how exactly did u go about fitting the plate etc? thanks

No doubt Becky will reply but to me it looks as though she used the original filter bolt holes for mounting the plate and then mark out and drill new holes at the bottom of the plate and tack weld the bolt head onto the back of the plate so that the bolts cant move and then bolt the filter onto the plate in the new position SORTED (y) :D if that whats she did then all you will need is the size of the plate.

cannot remember and my bf has the car it needs to be as wide as the filter mount and deep enough just to sit below where the bulkhead curves in so the bolts welded to the plate dont hit it and PNL spot on tis exeactly how i did it(y) (well my BF did at work) any probs and i will measure it tomorrow

little becky said:
cannot remember and my bf has the car it needs to be as wide as the filter mount and deep enough just to sit below where the bulkhead curves in so the bolts welded to the plate dont hit it and PNL spot on tis exeactly how i did it(y) (well my BF did at work) any probs and i will measure it tomorrow

Just thought I would post up here rather than start a new thread :)

My strutbrace is now fitted (y) it arrived this morning and I thought theres no time like the present so thats another item out of the way I would also like to thank Ben R for the guide (y) it was very helpfull :D

PNL, now that you've fitted your strut brace do you notice much improvement in handling? My Stilo handles OK but the steering isn't very sharp - wondered if the brace makes a lot of difference. I think the Stilo body rolls quite a bit but guess I'd need lower uprated springs to improve it.

Thanks

Nick.

Nickg101 said:
PNL, now that you've fitted your strut brace do you notice much improvement in handling? My Stilo handles OK but the steering isn't very sharp - wondered if the brace makes a lot of difference. I think the Stilo body rolls quite a bit but guess I'd need lower uprated springs to improve it.

Thanks

Nick.

TBO I was a bit skeptical but it does do what its supposed to a worth while mod at a reasonable price (y)

Back