Technical Oil warning light.

Currently reading:
Technical Oil warning light.

unclejim

Can anyone help with this problem please ?
The oil warning light flashes between 1st & 2nd gears on my Fiorino 1.7TD van, or when I drive up ramps in multi-storey car parks !
This happens when I start & drive off from a cold start or leave it to warm up first & still happens when fully up to temp. If I short shift, the light doesn`t flash, but how often can you drive like that ?
The oil level is ok & I am using the reccommeded oil as per the owners handbook. I have also checked the level as per the book, though I have never heard of checking levels with a warm engine before. Out of curiosity, I checked it cold & it`s at the same level as warm.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Uncle Jim.

I`ve just been out in the car again & have noticed that the light now flashes whilst braking !
Uncle Jim.

Hello mate,

If the oil is at the correct level, then its either goiing to be you oil pump, or the pressure switch. If its your oil pump then obviously it very important that it is sorted asap as your engine will not be being lubricated properly.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for that, best I get it sorted as you say. An expence I could do without at this time of year !!
Uncle Jim.

Thought I`d better report back on this problem, been a bit busy of late but better late than never !
I thought I`d try the oil pressure switch first, but on inspection, the wire & socket that plugs into the switch decided to part company ! A quick trip to the breakers, where I was able to find the same socket on a wrecked Punto for the bargain price of 2 quid. It`s been over a month now & no flickering light on the dash.
Thanks, Alan for pointing me in the right direction. (y)

Uncle Jim.

Back