Technical Oil pump leak

Currently reading:
Technical Oil pump leak

bredsticz

I like to be different!
Hi, brought the car nto garage to get the oil leak fixed, 3 days later he now says he's done it but it's still leaking! He reckons its the oil pump fractured now. Any idea if there's an easy way to fix this as I know its a big job to replace the whole pump! I need the car for work and my sanity! I've been bored sh*tless without it stuck in the house! and work are really not impressed with me now!

Its not that difficult a job, although it does need the sump off, so you need to drop the exhaust too.

Make sure you have the correct sump sealant before removing it, there is no gasket its a tube sealant.

You need to cut through the old sealant and then clean the sealant of both surfaces before applying the new goo.

Cheers

SPD

Hi, I know it's not difficult but i couldn't drop the exhaust as I had a completely rounded nut on the manifold and don't have the tools to work with. Also haynes says crankshaft sprocket has to come off which was the other thing I had problems with so it will have to stay in the garage unless there's any other way of me repairing it rather than replace it

Hi, I know it's not difficult but i couldn't drop the exhaust as I had a completely rounded nut on the manifold and don't have the tools to work with. Also haynes says crankshaft sprocket has to come off which was the other thing I had problems with so it will have to stay in the garage unless there's any other way of me repairing it rather than replace it

The good news is that its only the outer crank pulley that needs to come off. The pump comes with a new inner pulley.

Get a set of exhaust/head gaskets and unbolt the exhaust at the block.

Cheers

SPD

Ahh right that makes that a bit easier but it is at the block that I have the rounded nut, I'll just have to get some molegrips or something and try and get it out that way. Thanks

Ahh right that makes that a bit easier but it is at the block that I have the rounded nut, I'll just have to get some molegrips or something and try and get it out that way. Thanks

If the rounded nut is on the manifold, then split it elsewhere, or take a socket one size smaller and tap it onto the rounded nut.

Cheers

SPD

Back