Technical Oil pump gasket 2.0 multijet

Currently reading:
Technical Oil pump gasket 2.0 multijet

MrChemistry

Hi, Im quite new to this forum joined a couple of months ago, so I have a Fiat Bravo 2.0 multijet 2009 year of production and I would like some help regarding the small gasket on the oil pickup tube. The car has 265 000km on the clock and runs perfectly, no smoke from the exhaust ever, even under hard acceleration, car pulls like a train, no oil warning lights ever, but I just found out about this problem about the oil pump and Im quite concerned any advice?
I bought the car from Switzerland and I have had it since February this year.
Much appreciated!

It's a potential problem, the car is fine at this moment but there is little to none information about this gasket, what are the replacement intervals, and what are the symptoms of it failing, because I've heard horror stories of the engine just locking up due to bad lubrication without any warning. Happened to a guy I know he bought an opel insignia 2.0 which is the same engine in my bravo. Thank you for the fast response.

From what you have said.. its a failure of the oil pick.up from the oil sump.

Surely this would restrict oil supply to the pump.. leading to loss of oil pressure
AND an Oil Pressure Warning

Was this warning not shown in the failure you heard of..

My only oil failure was debris damaging an external oil pipe..AND the electrical wiring to the oil pressure switch

Result: No oil..or oil pressure AND no warning light

Back