Technical oil problem 1108

Currently reading:
Technical oil problem 1108

aaron bassett

i have a punto 1108 and just done a full head rebuild i have tested the oil pump and oil flows from pump nicely but however there is no oil getting to the top of the head the head is bone dry. i have checked the oil rail and there are no blockages in it :bang:. could come one help please thanks

Funnily enough this is exactly what the guy who skimmed the head warned me about. I'm afraid you'll probably have to lift the head again and make sure the gasket is the right way round!

can also get it on "back to front" as well as "upside down" The haynes should tell you where you should see the ALTO markings

i remember seeing some writing on the gasket and i place it with the writing to the gear box end. Should the writing be facing the left end of the engine

i took the head off today and found it was upside down and back to front fill like a mupet

thaks for your replies to every one

just one more question would you reuse the strech bolts they have been used but just wondered if i would get away of not changing them being 5 mins old or shall i get new ones again

got the head back on today with new gasket and old bolts started it up and i have oil going to the head again whoo:)

Last edited:
Back