General oil pressure?

Currently reading:
General oil pressure?

right, guys, actually got round to looking at car today, took sump off and what was rolling around in the bottom???? the pick up pipe, snapped clean off, so refit a new one, sealed up sump and will try put some oil in tonight and see what happens, lol. hopefully problem fixed. touch wood.

woop hope it fixes your problem. dont get how it snapped off though :S. or how u managed to drive for miles with it not seizing if it was always off :S. atleast its fixed :)

Before sticking the sump on you should have checked the bottom ends and mains, and cam bearings.

Wouldn't surprise me if it all goes tits up soon.

So how did the pick up snap off, they should never break, or was it from the ding in the sump?

right chaps, while i had the sump off i checked the bearings, no sign of wear, no scoring, but the dint in the sump was exactly under the pickup pipe, got another sump this morning which looks nearly new, just took an hour in the scrappers to find it an get it off. so new pickup pipe, new sump, clean oil. and yey. started it up oil light went off straight away, no rattles, lovely job.
002.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

001.jpg

(y)(y)

WoW. that really did go. maybe whilst removing the engine. or putting it in something might of shook it. but ah well. stuff happens.. happy youve fixed it.

Back