General Oil pressure/temp gauges

Currently reading:
General Oil pressure/temp gauges

arc

this is where i stand
I still don't have another gauge fitted into my A pillar pod.

i was looking at something like this:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=412_554_555&products_id=3776

and also having a read of thinkauto.com, ta J333EVO :D

I'm pondering now, where could i fit an oil pressure sender. Could i just take the std fiat one out, and put one in for a gauge.

And by capilary gauge - does it mean i'd need to take an oil and water feed to the back of that gauge?

well ive smashed the std oil pressure sender when i was farting around with the rad.. so if it does go there.. then im not missing much by not having the std one!

Silver one has a tee piece so the pressure switch and capiliary are on the oil pressure switch tapping, and both cars have the big hollow bolt that holds the oil pressure switch assembly on drilled and tapped to screw in the oil temp transmitter.

Go for electrical gauges if you can rather than mechanical, they're easier to fit.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Silver one has a tee piece so the pressure switch and capiliary are on the oil pressure switch tapping, and both cars have the big hollow bolt that holds the oil pressure switch assembly on drilled and tapped to screw in the oil temp transmitter.

Go for electrical gauges if you can rather than mechanical, they're easier to fit.

Hi,
I agree, go for the lecy gauges, have seen a cheap capilary oil pressure gauge that leaked all over inside of the dash, could make a nice mess if they go when mounted on the A pillar.
A lot of the capilary gauges are un-damped, the needle rattles around a lot, the electrical ones are much smoother(but a bit more expensive).
Also make sure the sender comes with the gauge, some you have to pay extra for..

Thanks
Paul T

Back