Technical Oil leakeage 1.9 jtd

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leakeage 1.9 jtd

Robbiee

Hi! Found out my 1.9 JTD Punto started leaking oil from the "shut off valve", I don't know the exact name for it... Any ideea how to repair it or something else I can do? It leaks right on the clutch

Hi! Found out my 1.9 JTD Punto started leaking oil from the "shut off valve", I don't know the exact name for it... Any ideea how to repair it or something else I can do? It leaks right on the clutch
Please post a photo of part oil is leaking from, preferably with a pointer indicating location of leak.

Please post a photo of part oil is leaking from, preferably with a pointer indicating location of leak.
1830274_motor-fiat-punto-2-19jtd-59kw_1.jpg

That part in the circle with the green hose going in.

Thoroughly clean off all the oil.
The vacuum pump can leak the valve cover can leak and the oil can track across to other points.
After a day of two Look using torch and hand held mirror if necessary to see exact source of oil.

Thoroughly clean off all the oil.
The vacuum pump can leak the valve cover can leak and the oil can track across to other points.
After a day of two Look using torch and hand held mirror if necessary to see exact source of oil.
It's not the vaccum pump, it's the little thing next to it, wich looks like a turbo actuattor.

It's not the vaccum pump, it's the little thing next to it, wich looks like a turbo actuattor.
Hi, yes i understand, that is the actuator for the shut off valve. if the oil is only coming from the shut off/anti shudder valve it is from oil vapours being drawn into the engine Just keep wiping the oil off.

Last edited:
Back