General Oil Leak

Currently reading:
General Oil Leak

gholian

I have a small oil leak from the engine. I got the head gasket done about 6 weeks ago and ever since there has been a small oil leak. It is nothing serious just anoying. I tought it was from the rocker cover so I changed the gasket but it was still there. I had a look at it again last night and it seems to be coming from somewhere around where the distributor bolts to the engine. There is no seal or gasket there so is it possible that there could be a small leak from there.

Gerry.

Turbo or non-turbo?

My turbos oil cooler pipes are split (pretty common i think) and sprays oil up the front of the block where is dizzy is!
Does 5 litres a month! lol

There is an 'O' ring rubber seal for the FIRE distributor where it goes into the side of the cylinder head. Undo the two nuts and withdraw the distributor and you will see it on the cylindrical bit that goes into the cylinder head. Dead easy to change and is known to fail and cause a small leak just as you describe.

As long as you have a timing light to reset the timing when you put the dizzy back it will be a ten minute job (y)

As long as you have a timing light to reset the timing when you put the dizzy back it will be a ten minute job (y)

Overkill.
Just mark the dizzy-block position with petrol/oil resistant marker line.
The lines to be aligned are stamped on some Fire engines/distributors.

Back