Technical oil in the TB

Currently reading:
Technical oil in the TB

slugworth1987

The Ratter
hey all,

just been cleaning my car and checking things to make sure all is well in the ways of my engine and im supprised to see alot of things are sweet BUT!

checking pipes and checking what the annoying ticking noise was coming from the TB (turns out its the injector) i notice on the breather hose inlet /vacume oil!!! and in the top of the TB... a bronze colored varnish with the smell and feel of oil (removed most of it) now why, why is this why why why why why :(

MAP section is fine no oil no debris and cleaned pipe for the sake of cleaning it and removing any poop.. non ;)

also noticed fexi/mid section blowing but not to worry.

ran the engine with the top of the TB off exposing everything and no oil is going into the fuel so all is well i think?!

topped oil up and nasty noise went away from the engine (was below min due to oil leaking) which wasnt relevent to the oil problem in the TB.

Any ideas would be very very nice :)

Sean

to the one question you asked its fine

its just oil being brought up with the fumes from the breather, nothing to worry about unless there is excessive amounts

Ash

ah ty its just weird seeing oil in your pipes where there should be oil...

any idea why my injector is ticking? it sounds like a solenoid on an AC circuit...

Back