General Oil Filler Cap

Currently reading:
General Oil Filler Cap

rhwhitmore

Recently had my coupe 20v Turbo serviced and about 10 days later noticed the oil pressure was very low. Upon investigating, noticed that the oil filler cap was missing. Anyone else had a problem with this mysteriously coming off, or can i assume the garage forgot to put it back on??
Any info appreciated

I've never heard of it coming off - I think you are right in thinking the garage either forgot to put it back on or left it loose and it fell off later. Very neglegent, but getting them to admit liability will be like pulling teeth.

Makes a bit of a mess doesn't it. I can only assume the reason you had low oil pressure was becuse you have lost a lot of oil, in which case some engine damage may have occured. Hopefully if you didn't drive it with the red light on you will have escaped that though.

SpunkyM...
Fiat Coupe 20VT, Bailey DV, K&N panel, PBV @ 1.1bar.

i know this is an old thread but i find it interesting looking through the old threads, a few weeks ago i i notice my expansion bottle cap wasnt on the bottle, and wedge down the side - found it really weird coz i remember putting it on :(

Back