General Oil Check

Currently reading:
General Oil Check

Good morning mate or maybe NOT for those out on the wass last night anyway how on earth did you manage that one dont you do a weekly check could have caused some serious damage that one luckily though you managed to get away with it its weekly checks from now on me thinks(y)

Is the trip computer oil level not to be trusted???? Should the dipstick be checked every now and then or is it enough to keep an eye on the oil level that is indicated when you start the car up and make sure it doesn't go too far down???

Well from what ive read on the forum fiat software very temprimental do it the old way get a little dirty but at least you will know your oil level is ok:slayer:

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
Is the trip computer oil level not to be trusted???? Should the dipstick be checked every now and then or is it enough to keep an eye on the oil level that is indicated when you start the car up and make sure it doesn't go too far down???

Do you have the oil check at startup???

I don't have it in mine (the manual says it was removed from the diesels at some point).
I had it my Punto JTD (until i got a new instrument panel :mad: ) and it worked quite well. I did some comparisons with the dipstick and they matched.

Does your multijet use any oil?
Mine doesn't seem to use much, maybe ½ litre in 18.000 km, which is about half way between min. and max. on the dipstick (min. to max. is around 1 litre).

santa said:
Do you have the oil check at startup???

I don't have it in mine (the manual says it was removed from the diesels at some point).
I had it my Punto JTD (until i got a new instrument panel :mad: ) and it worked quite well. I did some comparisons with the dipstick and they matched.

Does your multijet use any oil?
Mine doesn't seem to use much, maybe ½ litre in 18.000 km, which is about half way between min. and max. on the dipstick (min. to max. is around 1 litre).

Mine does do an oil check every time i start the car, and was bought in November 2004 so i don't think it's been dropped here.

I can't say mine uses much oil either, maybe bout half alitre or maybe one litre in the first 20.000 km when i had the firs service, they filled it up and i don't think it's gone down at all (i'm on 33.000km now).

PNL said:
Good morning mate or maybe NOT for those out on the wass last night anyway how on earth did you manage that one dont you do a weekly check could have caused some serious damage that one luckily though you managed to get away with it its weekly checks from now on me thinks(y)

You see that key between < and ?

It's your full-stop key, that is :idea:

Back