General Oh ******....

Currently reading:
General Oh ******....

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
MOT time today :)

They are going to need a few days to finish it off :eek:

Handbrake has seized completely :) (aware)

Front brakes need a complete overhaul :bang: (unaware)

christ knows what else! :eek:

It looks like it will be a few saturdays indoors now and no going out :(

mog1571 said:
is the garage doing all the work for you?

yep im not mechanically minded, nor trust myself to do it all myself.

With shocking brakes, no doubt if i would have had a go to repair i probably wouldnt be here right now

They have had to order brake parts in hence the delay.

Handbrake had had it also.

Rear drum brake mishaped

As well as MOT also having a service at same time so requested all filters etc to be changed if not part of this service interval

if you found out about the brakes and stuff by MOT then you would of had to pay for another MOT if you did it yourself, which by my last MOT would probably have been cheaper i failed on same as you but reaer brakes as well, it cost £310 to fix

pranksta said:
i failed on same as you but reaer brakes as well, it cost £310 to fix

Where do you live as mine was only just over 200 quid for all this work

The squitch has returned to my ownership...and she is running beautifully. :D

Full service inc. all filters changed and oil change
All brakes sorted front and rear, new pads, discs, shoes etc
New front wipers
Initially failed on emissions due to blowing exhaust, fixed and received no charge. It sounds even better the exhaust now,
Handbrake fixed

They even fixed my dodgy door handle, which was sticking for free as well.

Overall im 383 quid lighter, but i am happy as expected more based on what people had said. Plus another 12 months of ownership (y)

Forgot to add the mechanics took the squitch on a 6 mile trip obv to make sure everything was sound...unfortuneatly there was not a lot of fuel in the tank beforehand...and you can guess what happened when i went to leave :D

Good job the place was behind a petrol station (y)

AppleSei said:
unfortuneatly there was not a lot of fuel in the tank beforehand...and you can guess what happened when i went to leave :D

Good job the place was behind a petrol station (y)
opps :(... you never learnt fill the car up with the can trick if you see the fuel gauge low after a service...

StoneNewt said:
opps :(... you never learnt fill the car up with the can trick if you see the fuel gauge low after a service...

well i knew i had a lack of petrol in the tank, but i knew there was enough to get me to the petrol station (a diferent one as it is cheaper than the one i had to settle for) i deliberatly left limited fuel so they didnt go for a spin.

Unfortuneatly the deterrent failed :D

yeah but remember to fill her up with a can of fuel before you drive away, this means you know you've got 5l of fuel in her, then fill up the can as well :D

Back