General oh you little bast*rd!!!

Currently reading:
General oh you little bast*rd!!!

now im not the most mechanically minded person among us.

but im pretty sure that janspeed exhausts arent supposed to look like this.

bugger1.JPG

bugger2.JPG

bugger3.JPG

bugger4.JPG

sh*t.... looks like mase will be back on a standard exhaust tomorrow :cry:

Steve said:
It does look like you're got a problem there. You can tell because it's not actually attached to the car. :)

What happened?

this is the weird thing, i havent got a fookin clue how it happened.

yesterday goin to training the join between the cat and the midsection got caught and it pulled it apart.... so i slid it back on with a new clamp.

then goin to work today, went over the speedbump nice an slow as usual... and it got pulled off again, but when i went to have a look, the backbox had that fookin big ass bend in it??? :confused: :bang:

looks like its (unluckily for you) jammed on the road.doesnt take much. i once reversed into a pile of tarmac(been left in a prking space below bumper height)and it did similar damage which i only found the next time i was under the car though i had felt it down on performance :eek:

J333EVO said:

ive already priced it all up... i need a new midsection as well as this one doesnt fit properly (which prob caused all the problems in the first place)

a full csc exhaust would cost £197, then id have to wait 1-2 days for delivery and get somewhere to fit it.

where as i could get a full standard system, fitted tomorrow afternoon for £150, then pay for it over the next 4 months.

as im short of money anyway, looks like im goin to have to go standard for a while, then save for a decent system :(

mase said:
ive already priced it all up... i need a new midsection as well as this one doesnt fit properly (which prob caused all the problems in the first place)

a full csc exhaust would cost £197, then id have to wait 1-2 days for delivery and get somewhere to fit it.

where as i could get a full standard system, fitted tomorrow afternoon for £150, then pay for it over the next 4 months.

as im short of money anyway, looks like im goin to have to go standard for a while, then save for a decent system :(

Yeah I have CSC mid section on mine, does away with the flexi pipe, and I know that the CSC stuff is rated highly in integrale terms.

Its a doddle to fit, i would help you do it you went for it, no worries.

jamie86 said:
:eek: Your killing it :p

Mate you know a standard system is just not the way to go ;)

cheeky f*cker... if youd bothered to get a proper fitting exhaust i wouldnt be having these problems now would i :p

i kno, its so not the way forward, but with a 10 day wait before gazella get the csc stuff back in stock, it looks like the only option at the moment. (n) :bang:

arc said:
speed bump did it you say? get the council to pay for it. or however owns the land to pay for it.

yea basically when i went over the bump it seperated the exhaust at the cat-midsection join, then the pipe got stuck and it bent out to the side as i moved forward over the bump.

it happened on frimley business park.... might have to have a word with my old man, he used to work for the counsil, cheers for that arc mate, hadnt thought of it :chin:

J333EVO said:
Yeah I have CSC mid section on mine, does away with the flexi pipe, and I know that the CSC stuff is rated highly in integrale terms.

Its a doddle to fit, i would help you do it you went for it, no worries.

Only problem with it that ive found is the knuckle joint sits lower than the ARB, so its then the lowest point of the car - and not something you want to knock all the time (n)

That is unless ive fitted that bit upside down (but the way it came) :confused:

Luke1985 said:
Only problem with it that ive found is the knuckle joint sits lower than the ARB, so its then the lowest point of the car - and not something you want to knock all the time (n)

ooo er, cant be having that.... my ARB already has no paint on the bottom side where it scrapes, and that is with only 1 other person in the car :bang:

Back